MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYPS (my point system)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Oh my labrocca you've really jumped ahead in this plug-in. Excellent. I apoligize for not checking up and getting back to some testing. I will get everything updated tomarrow and let you know what's up. I'm strill running 1.07 Toungue Very quick advancement with some kick additional features. NICE!

I really think this will be a extremely popular core plug-in when all is said and done. After the store is done I can see it possibly being the most popular mod download MyBB has. I predict a LOT of 2 posts people coming in labrocca Big Grin
FYI...I came to the decision a couple days ago that when I feel MYPS core is complete and bug free...I will release it at the official mods site. They have stated the mods site will allow automatic updates of mods...so I want MYPS to be there. Some of the reason it's not now is because I want to feel like the bug testing and feature additions are under my roof before I feel MYPS is grown up enough to be on it's own.

I have caught some flack for not releasing my plugins at the mods site but MYPS 2.0 will be there for mass distribution.

I also have already started the paypal subscription mod and have it half-done. I think that will be HUGE as it will add a monetization method for mybb admins. I had one site make $3k in a year from subscription payments. Smile

Thanks Hemi for the comments. If you read the first post again...you will see I stated that I will be diligently working on MYPS. I meant it. I have my very own sites to think about. I really need certain features and mybb is the perfect environment for me to code in.
how long do you reckon before your ready to release version 2?
also how long for the shop?, did you find anyone to work with you on that? ive seen 1 or 2 people mention working on it and making it work with myps.

Im really interested in using both of these but i think i will hold out until there are stable versions of both that work together.
We are waiting for shop. When you release it, labrocca?
I think 2.0 is easily within a few weeks. Just depends on my workload and when I can find the hours to complete this. Also I like to give a little time for people to report any bugs. I want 2.0 to be as complete as possible.
labrocca Wrote:Here are current release features editable in admincp. Version 1.05 last updated April 27, 2007.

1. Allow/Disallow Donate
2. Allow/Disallow admin , super mods and moderator edits
3. MYPS per thread
4. MYPS per post
5. MYPS per character
6. Mininum characters required
7. Points name change
8. Forum MYPS exemptions (forums excluded from points)
9. Group MYPS exemptions (groups excluded from points)
10. MYPS per reply to the OP (original thread creator)
11. MYPS per new poll
12. MYPS per vote
13. MYPS recount/reset for all members based on current settings
14. Default MYPS upon registration

I will be working diligently on this mod. Expect within 30 days the completion of these additional features.

1. IPN integration for purchasing points ($1 = X points)
2. Subscription payments via IPN with ability to give points and have a default member group set for subscriber
3. Taxing of donations with a pool
4. Lottery for MYPS
5. Bonus myps for groups
6. History of IPN donations in admincp along with total IPN earnings
7. Hooks for the system for additional plugin integration
8. History page in usercp of all donation actions of myps

I thank you for the feedback. If you have questions on the listed features or suggestion I am open to them. The mod is now ready in Beta form but usable in live environments.

I will update this thread and post when there is more to say.
This plugin will be available to download at MyBB Central

Running DEMO is now also at Mybb Central. Works very well.

Thank you.
I'm just curious to know, but do you know of a mod just like this for vB?
Kyle101 Wrote:I'm just curious to know, but do you know of a mod just like this for vB?

vB also has a support site.
Let's hope not. This could also be a big draw for MyBB. People could possibly decide to use MyBB just for this. I could see that happening.
hemi Wrote:Let's hope not. This could also be a big draw for MyBB. People could possibly decide to use MyBB just for this. I could see that happening.

They already have vBookie, vbBux, vbPlaza and tons of others =P
point systems are nothing new...mybb has just lacked a comprehensive one for some time...

Just about everything I plan for myps is available in some form for other major forum softwares. I am not taking credit for inventing anything here. Just making it for mybb that's all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15