MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Designers: What do you do when you find a forum that removed your copyright?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Jag100 Wrote:Understand what you mean but it annoys me when stuff like this happens. This was on the news today as a UK girl who posted a pic made by her and got featured on a US DVD cover without permisson. so its copyright or spam

While I absolutely agree with the idea that everybody shall obey the copyright law, still I don't get it: why would you all who create the stuff and post it on public forums obviously encouraging everybody to use it - why would you want to impose the copyright protection on it?
What's wrong with you people?

If you intend to sell it - sell it but don't bring to the public places. Because the goal of the public forums is to demonstrate and share, offer help and teach, but not to advertise or satisfy your narcissistic needs.
voronv Wrote:
Jag100 Wrote:Understand what you mean but it annoys me when stuff like this happens. This was on the news today as a UK girl who posted a pic made by her and got featured on a US DVD cover without permisson. so its copyright or spam

While I absolutely agree with the idea that everybody shall obey the copyright law, still I don't get it: why would you all who create the stuff and post it on public forums obviously encouraging everybody to use it - why would you want to impose the copyright protection on it?

If you intend to sell it - sell it but don't bring to the public places. Because the goal of the public forums is to demonstrate and share, offer help and teach, but not to advertise or satisfy your narcissistic needs.

Just because it's a public thing does not mean they should remove the copyright. It's just like removing the copy right off of IPB or Vb that you bought but didn't pay extra to remove the copyright. It doesn't matter if it's free or paid. You should contact their host and have them remove their hosting. If I made a them I would a impose copyright because I made it not them and I don't get any credit for it.
voronv Wrote:

Many and I mean Many people out their want free. Now, Chris and the rest of the staff used their spare time to develop mybb. It can take months just get it started. After all this work Yes, I would want something in return.
King Damion Wrote:Isn't that illegal without permission copyright i mean. Also why make a bot for checking all mybb sites to see if the copyright information on your skin is there?

READ MY POST MAN. DONT YOU EVER READ ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM
Yes i do
Good point guys, and FallenSage and rcpalace I agree completely.

By the way, there are bots that check for copyrights?
Audentio Wrote:By the way, there are bots that check for copyrights?

No, but I don't think it's hard to make.
destroyer Wrote:
Audentio Wrote:By the way, there are bots that check for copyrights?

No, but I don't think it's hard to make.

Yep just make one bot that can search a specific forum (such as MyBB) set it to scan it's index and then look for the html copyright Wink
That was my idea
King Damion Wrote:That was my idea

Sure it wasRolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10