MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Discuss] MyBB 1.2.12 Released - Security and Maintenance Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
labrocca Wrote:Can I get an answer to my actual question?

Is there any other files that I need to overwrite in a new set of updates.

It's not my fault that you release an update then an hour or so later you change the files WITHOUT telling people that might have downloaded the original package. I don't think it's too much to ask.

First, you never asked a question in the first place. Second, I can't tell people since we don't track who downloads the package. And even if we did, what would we track? The I.P.? How would we tell you through the I.P.?

If we thought the fixes were any more paramount we would make a post in the announcements section. Otherwise ask before you get angry with me for something I didn't do.
Forget it Tikitiki...I got the answer I needed. Enjoy your evening.
Tikitiki Wrote:Second, I can't tell people since we don't track who downloads the package. And even if we did, what would we track? The I.P.? How would we tell you through the I.P.?
Seems like an obvious answer to me. Just make a new post in the announcement thread that so and so files have been updated as of so and so time, so anyone who might have downloaded before then needs to download them again??? Toungue Would that be so hard?
Chris Boulton Wrote:It's only those two files, yes,

Chris

Thanks for confirming Chris, I have a tendency to check downloads a day or two later in case this happens and saw the time stamps and dates were different. Being a dev myself I know how this can come about from time to time and really doesn't bring about a need to have to announce it.
judel Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Second, I can't tell people since we don't track who downloads the package. And even if we did, what would we track? The I.P.? How would we tell you through the I.P.?
Seems like an obvious answer to me. Just make a new post in the announcement thread that so and so files have been updated as of so and so time, so anyone who might have downloaded before then needs to download them again??? Toungue Would that be so hard?

Tikitiki Wrote:If we thought the fixes were any more paramount we would make a post in the announcements section.

Plus, making a post in the announcement section doesn't actually ensure they'll see it and read it.
Tikitiki Wrote:Plus, making a post in the announcement section doesn't actually ensure they'll see it and read it.
Some people read it.
Those silent updates are annoying.

If your bank balance changes for no reason, wouldn't you like to receive some kind of warning!
Bas Wrote:Some people read it.
I second that. Toungue
Like I said before, if the fixes were anymore paramount then we would have.

Bas Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Plus, making a post in the announcement section doesn't actually ensure they'll see it and read it.
Some people read it.

If your bank balance changes for no reason, wouldn't you like to receive some kind of warning!

Only if its more than a couple of dimes.
What's paramount mean?
He's saying if they had been more important. I guess getting an error everytime you try to do a quick edit wasn't important enough. Toungue And I also guess making a simple update post is just too much to ask or expect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13