MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Discuss] MyBB 1.2.12 Released - Security and Maintenance Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
No old-style find/replace patch for a HIGH security vulnerability? Is that intentional?
I will be upgrading from 1.2.11 ...
What does this mean,

"Please note, that you need to run the upgrade script for this version. This is so the templates may be updated.
There are no database schema changes in this version."

TY
Asad_Niazi Wrote:No old-style find/replace patch for a HIGH security vulnerability? Is that intentional?
You can run a comparison with the old pm.php.
IIRC, it's just an additional check for smilies - just one extra line.

This will replace a MyBB 1.2.3 pm.php fine (haven't tested on earlier versions), so...
But I'd like find & replace patches as well.

rcw Wrote:I will be upgrading from 1.2.11 ...
What does this mean,

"Please note, that you need to run the upgrade script for this version. This is so the templates may be updated.
There are no database schema changes in this version."

TY
It means you'll need to run /install/upgrade.php after uploading the files.
thanks mybb team, upgrade or replace the files in forum directory?
PwnEm Wrote:I had no problems as well Smile

A very smooth upgrade. *EDIT* nvm I'm facing a problem, I'll make a thread about it in support.

When he wants to modify in quick edition (Ajax) a window opens up showing the following error:

Quote:There was an error perfoming the update.
An unknown error occurred.
Well,
Before i thought may be it will be very difficult or it will be with many errors! but thanks GOD!@ it's DONE! to my both Forums!
finally patched i sent this bug third times teamleaders, at last they realized Smile

thanks for updating
Thanks, patched.
Asad_Niazi Wrote:No old-style find/replace patch for a HIGH security vulnerability? Is that intentional?
Yes, that was intentional. The fix required too many changes to make it just a find/replace patch.
One more thing..I don't recall getting an email about this security update and I am on the mailing list? Anyone else
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13