MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Discuss] MyBB 1.2.12 Released - Security and Maintenance Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
GrimFinger Wrote:It was a very disappointing upgrade. It didn't fix the bug where only part of a forum posting displays. Beyond that, I recently did an upgrade for a friend's vBulletin site. This was the first time that I have found a vBulletin upgrade to be less of a pain in the lime than a MyBB upgrade.

You have nothing to complain about. The fix is publicly available, the maintenance release was an added bonus and we simply did not have time to fix all of the bugs. Your board could have been next..

I also don't see how this upgrade has been more of a pain in the lime than any other release we've ever made. In fact, there are less files in this upgrade than in 1.2.10 and it's the exact same thing and I don't believe you complained over that.
@Ryan, you said what I was want to say Toungue
free4free Wrote:can i get changes only , i mean find code and add after , find code and replace and so on.

This won't happen. You'll just have to get used to taking the new files and adding your changes to them. Wink
I have a forum that is down running 1.2.7

http://www.blinkblogs.com/forum/

Can we install this new version clean and import the DB to get it back up ??

On a 1.2.11, a different forum can we do the same, install the new version and import the DB ??
AVC Wrote:I have a forum that is down running 1.2.7

http://www.blinkblogs.com/forum/

Can we install this new version clean and import the DB to get it back up ??

On a 1.2.11, a different forum can we do the same, install the new version and import the DB ??

For the 1.2.7 board follow the upgrade instructions on the wiki. On your 1.2.11 board simply follow the instructions in this announcement
Are the upgrade instructions in this thread or the other thread you linked to in your opening post ??
Wiki entry on upgrading: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Musicalmidget Wrote:Wiki entry on upgrading: [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Great but I am still confused, on older versions like 1.2.7 that we are running do we need to run an update script (see linked post for further explanation).
Yes. Select 1.2.7 when running the Upgrade script.
Tikitiki Wrote:
PHP_Paul Wrote:Quick Edit is not working for me now.

Clear your cache

how do you do this?

thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13