MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Authorisation Code Mismatch" and how to fix it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
it's something with your js files..
if you creat a test-mod account I may find it out for you.
otherwise try to re-upload all your js files (located in jscripts dir) and global.php
With respect and speaking as a relative newcomer to BBs and MyBB, this "Authorisation Code Mismatch" error and upgrade script is a sea of mud.

Many posts keep referring the user back to the original post so let's take a look:
Quote:If you are getting "Authorisation Code Mismatch," chances are you just are upgrading to MyBB 1.2.12 but have forgotten to run the upgrader script. Please follow the instructions on [Wiki: Upgrading]. If you are running a custom theme, you may need to go to Admin CP --> Templates --> Find Updated and manually make the changes to your templates after you run the upgrader.
This thread started so long ago and refers to 1.2.12 that many people probably wonder whether this applies to them because they either have newer versions or have made fresh installations and aren't exactly upgrading.

I had "Authorisation Code Mismatch" when attempting a test post from a non-admin account. Reverting back to the supplied MyBB default template solved the problem but it meant that the desired colour scheme and icons of my downloaded template could not be used. However, reading all of this long thread (more than once), it does seem to suggest that the upgrader script analyses the templates and fixes them so that they work with the latest version of MyBB. If all this was explained somewhere (I couldn't find it) it might help people to understand what they need to do and why.

Nevertheless, thinking that running the upgrader once more might fix my scripts, I ran it. It didn't work. In fact, it made it a whole lot worse and the whole screen display was totally messed up. Fortunately, the situation was recoverable by reverting back to the MyBB default once more. I deleted the theme. In fact, I must admit that I am losing confidence with installing downloaded themes because there seems to be too much incompatibility between different versions of MyBB. It would be a lot more useful if the Mods section would list the versions of MyBB that each theme is known to be compatible with rather than leave it as a trial-error-fix process for newcomers like myself. The theme I downloaded was listed as being suitable for use with the latest (then) version (1.2.14) but wasn't. Sad

Other posts suggest running the Diff tool and manually fixing the template. Well, I would do if I knew what I was meant to be fixing! As for the wording
Quote:Changes that have been made between your previous version and this one are highlighted like this.
Any customizations you've made to your templates (the old ones) are highlighted like this."
- I'm just not sure what this is telling me. Consider me a noob and just downloaded a template - I haven't a clue what my previous version was meant to have or why it highlights "customizations" in my old templates when I haven't made any customizations and never realised I am supposed to have "old ones". Besides, there seems to be 30 or so items marked that needed to be looked at.

So, my experience is that there isn't sufficiently clear information as to the 'what' and the 'why' of fixing this specific issue, and blindly running the upgrader script because that's what the guys here say may not work in all cases (it didn't for me and actually made things worse).

HatchlingByHeart seems to have given the best answer in terms of understanding what "Authorisation Code Mismatch" actually means in terms of changed functionality between versions and that some templates may not have the correct code to support this change but I'm not sure where the original post is or how definitive that is. What I do like is that he/she gives specifics to fix the error as opposed to running a script that is meant to be a magic bullet but doesn't work in all cases.

Of course, the experts and experienced members here may well be wondering what I'm on about since it is clear to them what needs to be done with problems such as this. I'm just passing on my observations as a newcomer that a) knowledge should not always be assumed, and b) a little more information on what these scripts are meant to be doing for us would help our understanding and better prepare us for future issues.

Thanks for listening. Smile
I get this error from text editor

"Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

why ? how to explain ?

I have already upload/install hoteditor_mybb12x_mod.zip but it's not work only show this message . I cann't post quickreply & newreply. why ?
Hi, where can I get the update script? There is no download button in the wikki.
I just need to run it so my 1.2.12 forum can run its templates properly. I am unable to post or anything Sad
i have doo that .. and "There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded."
(2008-09-11, 09:47 AM)Ciorax Wrote: [ -> ]i have doo that .. and "There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded."
Or, put it another way, the template you are running is for an earlier version and it hasn't yet been updated to run with the version of MyBB that you are currently running.
But my templates was working good, but after i have moved to another host, stoped to work good .. just at quick edit. Sad
Does anyone know if these used to be some kind of war posters or
something? http://www.liangdianup.com/index.htm
Were these sayings on these lighters actually used in war times?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13