MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Authorisation Code Mismatch" and how to fix it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
enewbold Wrote:I don't see where, in this thread of discussion, the location of the 'upgrade script' is to be found.

http://yoursite/yourforum/install/upgrade.php - If it's not there then you need to put the install directory there from the download off the MyBB site
No help for me Sad ?
Tikitiki Wrote:
enewbold Wrote:I don't see where, in this thread of discussion, the location of the 'upgrade script' is to be found.

http://yoursite/yourforum/install/upgrade.php - If it's not there then you need to put the install directory there from the download off the MyBB site
Aha! That's why. The 'install' folder is always renamed or deleted before actually running the software! Cool. Problem fixed! Thank you.

Ed in Columbus, OH
Dakuipje Wrote:No help for me Sad ?

If you don't have the problem but your moderators do, that means it's a problem on their end. Tell them to clear their cache
Hello again

I had a problem with logging out but my friend fixed it. Now i'm still having this "Authorisation Code Mismatch" problem and don't know how to fix it. I have a last version of myBB but my theme is old and kinda updated (don't know what that means, that's what the friend told me) so where can be the problem? Here is my forum.

Thank you

Edit: Solved. Again by a friend.
I just ran across this problem. But I'm not upgrading. I installed a new copy of 1.2.12.

I can't send PM's, Update Signatures or Avatars, or post.

My forum is here...

Thanks for helping me.
OK....here's another curve ball for those wanting a fix to this issue.

I had this same error, but my problem was MUCH deeper, as I have heavily modified the forum code. I have new forum settings, admin is in another folder, heaps and heaps of changes to the admin CP to administer other site settings, new templates etc..

When I upgraded 1.2.12 I didn't use the script, as I didn't want overwrite any changes made. I went through each file upgraded and changed them manually. Everything looked good until I tried to respond to a post.

I ended up here. I noticed that the upgrade script was the only fix, so I went ahead and upgraded my forum...and in turn causing an absolute mess. Nothing worked (due to my heavy mods), and I was up for about 4-5 days to get my site back to normal. Also it did NOT pick up any templates to upgrade!

My plan was to reinstall a fresh copy, and update each of my mods (1 by 1), then update my template again. So I reinstated my site backup (i did make one), and decided to test it before reinstall.

To my surprise, I could now post!!!!! Dunno how it worked because it's a complete copy of my original site that had the errors, but I don't care.

Maybe someone with a little more expertise in the area can explain as to why it now works.
This happening to me AGAIN. I did not upgrade. I installed a new copy.

Link to the forum is here.
Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I Cant Post What Should I Do?

www.toontwnonline.890m.com/forums
SpookyRed Wrote:Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

I Cant Post What Should I Do?

www.toontwnonline.890m.com/forums

Have you read the solutions at the beginning of the thread?

Snowman01 Wrote:This happening to me AGAIN. I did not upgrade. I installed a new copy.

Link to the forum is here.

Make sure that your install/mybb_theme.xml is from the latest version of MyBB when you install it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13