MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wiki-Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Hi, I am having the same problem as the poster above - I have all the files (Beta3) and they are in the correct place. But I just don't seem to be able to get the settings right. I don't use SEO urls. As a result, when I DO get the mybb header and WIKI to show I see no wiki interface.

Is there a special requirement for the .htaccess?
I'll try to improve the installation: http://dev.mybbcoder.info/issues/29
Thanks Stefan, I visited your site and I see you have it working there, but you are using SEO friendly urls.

Any chance of a screenshot of your settings?
Yes, I use SEO urls... But it requires a lot of changes on the theme and there are still wrong links. Sad Therefore I can't recommend to use it.
Hi Stefan - I cant use SEO urls anyway.....I hope you are able to get BETA4 out in the near future - I realise you will be busy with 1.6 though.
My god I got it to work...hallelujah. Now to see if it works on 1.6......
Yes, it does work on 1.6 and is a very nifty piece of kit. Its all hardcoded though, so that is a bugger (I can't find any templates).

Is there any way that the show all articles option can be made to exclude all those articles which have been defined as categories?

Ok, I was so impressed when I finally got this plug in to work that I added a little How to Install to my own MYBB Wiki.

Here is the link - guests can view - please don't trash it Smile

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/wiki.php?sett...-wiki.html
Hmm, something wierd going on - some wiki articles can be edited, some not. I dont get it - do I need to clear a cache or something?

I have a couple of articles in two categories that I can't edit or submit new articles to. Yet I have two other categories that I can edit articles/add new articles.

Stefan - help please?
All articles use the same permissions. Have you changed the fid?
Hi Stefan - I did have them attached to another category - so the tree was like this:

Wiki/Tutorials/Textures
Wiki/Tutorials/CAS
Wiki/Tutorials/Meshing
Wiki/MyBB Information

I deleted the tutorials category but kept the textures category. Would that be the problem? Especially as I CAN edit in the MyBB Information category. If so, how do I fix it? Or is it case of delete those categories and start again?

What is odd is that I can ADD an article to the wiki, I just cant edit it. I have checked the forum permissions - all seems fine. I can see all the edit/delete buttons etc, but when I edit and press submit it does not submit the changes.

EDIT
Ok, I had MOVED the tutorials thread to another forum - the archive. I moved it back to the wiki and all is fine. I shall add a trouble shooting section. Thanks for the FID tip Stefan - that got it back on track.

COMMENT
It would be cool if we had the option to hide the discussions for categories in the WIKI forum - it just clutters up the wiki discussion threads - I dont really want people to have a click on discussion option in the categories. Would that be hard to do? Is there an file I should try and edit for that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18