MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PLUGINS FOR MONEY !?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
labrocca Wrote:If you would like to become a site subscriber we accept Paypal subscription payments. Payments are automatically renewed and you must cancel the subscription service yourself via the paypal interface. Currently our subscription rate is $4.99 USD per 1 year.
I really want to thank the overall MyBB Community. While I know that some will be against the move for a paid subscription for downloads I feel the fee is extremely low. Given the amount of excellent plugins and themes available that are now exclusively available at Mybb Central I think you get a great bargain. Support is top notch here at Mybb Central. I am available to help in all types of situations. I will continue to release MYBB plugins and themes. Unless you are subscriber you will not have access to them.

Thank you,
Jesse Labrocca

Why we must to pay MONEY for plugins until MyBB it's FREE !? Smile
I agree to make a new account or number of posts to can downloads plugins but to be forced for pay money... NEVER ! MyBB it's free... and if some coders wants to gain money from this... no comment.

Labrocca was one of my favorites coders but now... I'm very disappointed . SadSadSad
Maybe is a business man... bleah...

Cosidering this post like a protest ! Sad

I really want to know if others are agree to pay money for plugins.

Thank you.
It's the coder's choice, and as long as he's aware of the expectations that come along with a paid service then I think he's got a good thing going for him. I would gladly pay $5 a year for plugins, hell, I've been paying upwards of $70 PER PLUGIN... a set yearly rate for access to all of his plugins in genius IMO. Big Grin

To be honest I don't know which of his plugins I even use but if I can get 1-2 good plugins for $5 I'm all for it! The money is his incentive to keep pushing out plugins and to make the current ones better... atleast I hope it is.
OK. But if others release similar plugins for free ?

//Later: I agree to donate for plugins, like a thank's to author.
And btw... if I pay for plugins what warranty I receive ? What's happend if this plugins deteriorate my forum ?
Thanks for the free promotion. Smile

Quote:To be honest I don't know which of his plugins I even use but if I can get 1-2 good plugins for $5 I'm all for it! The money is his incentive to keep pushing out plugins and to make the current ones better... atleast I hope it is.

Thank you. And yes...having subscribers is a great incentive to keep making great plugins for mybb.

I am sorry to dissappoint you mybbromania but I can't tell my mortgage company, my energy provider, my isp, my registrar, my kids, and on and on...that I sit on the computer all day and get paid in thanks and goodwill. I spend an extraordinary amount of time with mybb. I don't think it's outrageous that I ask for the work that I do be compensated.

And no one is forcing you to pay money. You can certainly decide to create your own plugins or just find alternatives.

So are you more upset that you can't get my good plugins for free or that I am actually trying to make a few bucks?

Oh and one last thing. Have you ever donated to mybb? You say you would pay for apprecation and well you seem to appreciate mybb so have you given Chris anything? I have...twice.

20% of all my income from the subscriptions at Mybb Central will be donated to mybb to help support them as well. Because Chris has real bills too.
If somebody releases a similar plugin for free then the coder charging money better up their plugin to include better features or do something to distance themselves if they hope to make some money.

And as for your second part, that's exactly what I meant. If you are paying for something then you should expect more support than for a free one. I'm not taking 24/7 support, but if you're paying for a plugin then you deserve something better than "weekend support".
Support is certainly going to be improved especially since there will be less downloads. Probably less non-english users that are harder to understand as well. If you don't have paypal then your SOL.

Quote:If somebody releases a similar plugin for free then the coder charging money better up their plugin to include better features or do something to distance themselves if they hope to make some money.

Exactly. And with 1.4 so close..this is incentive for me to update my plugins and themes as well as be more creative making more.

$5 is such a paltry sum imho..
labrocca Wrote:So are you more upset that you can't get my good plugins for free or that I am actually trying to make a few bucks?
I agree... you made some good plugins and you are one of my favorites coders (one of the best) but... just you want's money from mybb users.
And I don't agree with this!

Like I said before, if you distribute plugins with option to donate, I respect that (it's a way to appreciate your work).
Why others good coders don't ask for money ? They don't waste time and anergy to make all this plugins ? They don't spend money for isp ?

What next ? We will pay for MyBB ?

Anyway... will see if you make "a few bucks".
I wish you luck.

KuJoe Wrote:if you're paying for a plugin then you deserve something better than "weekend support".
I don't agree with you. Others coders made a lot of plugins and give us a good support (not "weekend support") and all for free !

//Later:
labrocca Wrote:Oh and one last thing. Have you ever donated to mybb? You say you would pay for apprecation and well you seem to appreciate mybb so have you given Chris anything? I have...twice.
No, I don't donated for mybb because I realy don't know how and where ? But I'm sure, not only me, if here will be a donate by paypal, I will donate. Donate and pay is not the same thinks !
Don't be upset... I post this because I want to know if others are agree with this.
So today when I logged into some new mybb users site and fixed his problem for him..for FREE...I was greedy and just wanting money too?

Quote:What next ? We will pay for MyBB ?

No but Chris has been said he has considered the idea of paid support options. By being a subscriber at Mybb Central you pretty much get my support. Lex too btw as he is now exclusively releasing work at Mybb Central.

Quote:Anyway... will see if you make "a few bucks".

http://www.mybbcentral.com/showteam.php

Already raised $55...$11 of which goes to MYBB.

Sour grapes anyone?
I've always preferred paying for plugins (not donating however) since if something breaks or I find a bug, I have a reason to be disappointed if it's not fixed quickly. Labrocca seems to be taking this seriously and I am very happy to see that. The problem I see, is that $5 a year is not going to be enough though, but that's Labrocca's call and as long as it doesn't turn into $5 a month I'm all for it. Big Grin
Then why Chris don't remove this link ?
http://mods.mybboard.net/
Who do you think will post plugins there in future ?
Nobody !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11