MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shadowbox.js Plugin for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2009-12-02, 04:58 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I tested it it works without any problems under 1.4.10.
(try to open some attachments and links on my development board: http://dev.wundi.net/mybb/ )

by the way @everybody:

Look at change log in first post (version 1.4)!

Ok, yes, works without any problem, but just for english language. When i change the language, doesnt works. What can i do about this ? Or there is no Serbian language in Plugin Languages? How can i create one ? Or i just need to translate one ?
Anyone can help me, or give me a directon ?

Thats it, just put the language code "sr" for Serbian, in the new *js file and now it works.
Download isnt working?
He updated it. Just wait.
can you make one for bumpbox.js.. bcoz it support pdf and audio and video better
(2009-12-12, 05:21 PM)manig Wrote: [ -> ]can you make one for bumpbox.js.. bcoz it support pdf and audio and video better

Better to post this on request forum: http://community.mybboard.net/forum-65.html
I would like to see plugins not compete with one another, for instance:

A - Shadowbox (seems to compete with FancyZoom) Shadowbox assumez all pic should be Showdowboxed when many should not be. There needs to be an option to select which pics gets this JS effect.
B - FancyZoom (thinks that every pic should be zoomable and competes with Shadowbox) All pics should not have zoom, need to tell FancyZoom to set zoom on for selected images only. I will also post this in the FancyZoom discussion thread.

Caps
Both plugins do the same: They open images with a nice effect.

You decide what effect/plugin fits your needs. It's pointless to use Shadowbox.js and FancyZoom (and Lightbox and XYZ and ...) and the same time.
Thank you for your reply, however Lightbox and Shadowbox are both better fitted for an image gallery because of their dramatic effects on the page whereas, FancyZoom is good for inline images. In contrast, FancyZoom keeps the reader in contact with the page content while not blocking out the background. FancyZoom allows the reader to continue to read the relevant text while the image is at zoom level.

The other point I make is that Shadowbox and FancyZoom assumes all pics should be impacted. Some images should not have these effects on them, those, for example that are already large. So giving the editor the option to tick on/off the zoom effect for any selected pics would be great Smile.

Performance I see faster performances with FancyZoom than with a Lighbox script. Lightbox or Shadowbox has to do more setup to create the mask, this may account to the slower performace.

Caps
Is there anyway to set shadowbox to open external images, videos only instead of also an external page?
Just a simple question:
Can I use this for standard images?

I installed it (mybb 1.4.11) and works good with the attachments. But I just want to resize & open the big images in the posts (the images with the [img] tags).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15