MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
The caching in Opera is entirely a client-side issue. You cannot address it from PHP unless you deliberately redirect pages on load which might be inefficient.

Except on a shared computer, where you ought to clear cache, cookies etc. after you use the browser, I don't see any security problems arising out of this.

In fact, using the session ID in the URL as you mentioned is rather more insecure method because the connections aren't secure and anybody can read it during connections. In that sense, cookies/cookied sessions are much safer... In fact, in a CMS I developed actually I prefer encrypted cookies with random values to authenticate admin sessions. Yes, I am a PHP programmer. Wink
Quote:You cannot address it from PHP unless you deliberately redirect pages on load which might be inefficient.
What do you mean exactly?

Quote:Except on a shared computer, where you ought to clear cache, cookies etc. after you use the browser
Exactly this is the point. If you assume that the user is alone in front of his computer there would be no need to encrypt the password in "*" for example :O

Quote:In fact, using the session ID in the URL as you mentioned is rather more insecure method because the connections aren't secure and anybody can read it during connections.
Oh, have you never used another board before MyBB?

There are obviously several security precautions:
1. Usr&Pass of course like in MyBB
2. A various sessions number that is normally transfered in URL and changes everytime you log in again
3. A cookie with your settings
4. Browser & IP have to match/be the same (for re-entering ACP with the session URL)
5. If the connections to ACP is closed (browser window closed), you have to login again
6. Connection is also closed after a period of time

On MyBB 2.,4.,5. are not present. You only need this damn cookie and this is a strong security risk.
Your Version: 1.1
Latest Version: 1.01

That's my forum. I thought I downloaded the latest files. I previously had 1.04 How could 1.01 be the latest if I have 1.1?
Simulationcity Wrote:Your Version: 1.1
Latest Version: 1.01

That's my forum. I thought I downloaded the latest files. I previously had 1.04 How could 1.01 be the latest if I have 1.1?
It actually says Latest Version: 1.10 so it is 1.1. I don't think it reads 1.01. Check it again.

EB
Sorry i know developers dont like this question but as i wasnt able to find anything about this:
Can you give any statement when 1.2 is going to be released? I dont want a releasedate - just want to know the amount of time you think we are talking about... (a month, this spring, summer ...)

would be nice if anyone could answer this.
Chris Boulton Wrote:We only released 1.0 recently, and we plan to have 1.2.0 out within that six month period.
Michael83 Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:We only released 1.0 recently, and we plan to have 1.2.0 out within that six month period.
Meaning we expect it to be released in or before June.
only june? that's 3 more months Sad

Lemme know if you need a new template for 1.2 Big Grin
The reason why it is such a long time is a lot more work is actually going in to this new release. A lot more than people expect or think.
... like the new admin cp (hehe tabs!)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14