MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Lack of professionalism? This is exactly the way Linux releases versions and patches, to my knowledge.
Peter Wrote:Lack of professionalism? This is exactly the way Linux releases versions and patches, to my knowledge.

But is this linux? Do a large majority of users you're targetting use linux and have an idea of it's version formatting? Is there another bulletin board that goes by linux formatting? I don't believe so.

The project itself has huge potential, yet the users that increase MyBB's popularity are ignored when suggesting features/fixes. Progression needs to be seen in new versions rather than just security and bug fixes, otherwise people become reluctant to upgrade their boards. Take a look at the announcements forum; the last 7 have been security or bug fixes. And when 1.0 came, it brought 2 new features? Rolleyes

This is by no means bashing MyBB, I hope this is constructive and mature criticism and hope to see the project improve in these areas.
Lee, believe me when I say MyBB 1.2 will add more than enough features to keep users happy. We are also considering each and every suggestion in the suggestions forum to see if they will be implemented. The thing is, however, at the moment adding features isn't our only priority. We have had many security vulnerabilities to close and in our opinion those are far more important than new features. Take a look at some of the developers' blogs to read about what will be in MyBB 1.2, I'm sure you will be very happy. (Stuff like customizable MyCode, fulltext searching etc. is nice, right?) Besides that, we are also aiming for MyBB 1.2 to be a major code cleanup. This is something that will not directly benefit the user now, but will certainly in the long run.

Our versioning scheme may not be the most obvious or clear, but the team is happy with it as it is. Each announcement we make contains clear information about what type of new version is being released. I think we are doing enough to keep users happy at this point.

The reason why 1.0 didn't bring many new features is that there were several RC versions and several PR versions that technically were 1.0 beta's. Therefore, the actual 1.0 release was slowly worked towards and hasn't really brought many worthwhile new features with the official 1.0 release.
Alright i have changed my mind and did the upgrade manually!! gosh it took time Toungue !! find > replace !!
i can't just replace the files i have half of them modified

regards
I know how it feels! I only had to re-activate my plugins, only that took about an hour.
i will have to do the same, but I'm still not sure if I know how to do that. I have also add some mods
Use WinMerge
[Image: screenshot.gif]

regards
That isn't clear enough for me. There should be a mod which can back-up plugin/mod/etc.- settings! Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14