MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I am afraid already! Really want to upgrade but don't want to lose my customizations...what kind of work is being done (if any) to create instructions for manual upgrades? Or are we still too far away from the release to even comment on it?

cheers,
Kimmo
Kimmo Wrote:I am afraid already! Really want to upgrade but don't want to lose my customizations...what kind of work is being done (if any) to create instructions for manual upgrades? Or are we still too far away from the release to even comment on it?

cheers,
Kimmo

There are quite significant changes to parts of the code such as the data handlers, and conversions of sets of functions into new classes. This 1.2 release isn't something that you can just upload a few files and change a few lines here and there and expect to work (like the previous security updates), since there are new features both in front-end and in the code that will have to be updated.
well..I am still hopeful! Smile I think our customizations are pretty well documented so I should be able to migrate them. As long as the core database scheme doesn't change dramatically...
The database schema doesn't change much.

I'm hoping with your site you've used plugins where you can too - because they should all still work fine.
Yes I've used as much plugins as possible...then we have some custom templates and custom-files of our own as well as custom-tables we've created....so we actually have remarkably little changes to the core.
I will create 100% copy of the existing site to test the migration and functionality though before i dare to run any installers on it Smile
wow nice Smile only about 3 more months.
guys who think thats much never waited for phpBB3 (like i did since 2004 and i would still be waiting if i hadnt switched to myBB Smile )
did I miss something....i didn't think there was a committed time for 1.2? or is this reference to 3 months about something else?
Peter mentioned sometime in June, so people are doing the maths assuming all goes to plan Wink
aah....but it's not a commitment really.....I rather wait longer if it means easier migration with less manual fixes later Smile
...OMG! I bet its tabbed, i bet its tabbed....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14