MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apart for 1.6 [Released]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(2010-08-07, 10:53 PM)Lunamaria Wrote: [ -> ]The problem I had using Water was that the text entry boxes didn't fit. I tried entering the code

Quote:form #message
{
width: 500px; /* You may increase this value */
}

To the end of the global.CSS but it didn't change anything, maybe my server is playing hard to get or something else but it didn't actually make the change. So I re-downloaded your new version and thought I'd test it to see if it made a difference. As it seemed all the images were the same rather than re upload the whole thing I just used the new and slightly larger XML. If I'm wrong doing this then tell me now.

I go back to the test but the box still doesn't fit the same as before, I can switch between the old install and the new and both have the same problem.

All I did in the update was apply the fix that you described and it appeared to fix the issue. Unfortunately I do not know why that fix isn't working for you - I've tested it in Chrome, Firefox, and IE and it works in all three.

(2010-08-07, 10:53 PM)Lunamaria Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also using the ProStats Plugin, it works fine on the old XML but doesn't show up on the new one. Maybe this is something they need to fix but it is interesting none the less. If there is something else I need to change to make it work then do tell me. I thought it should work whatever theme I used though, it does work with default.

Try deactivating and reactivating the plugin - template changes applied by plugins aren't applied retroactively; they're only applied on activation of the plugin to the template sets that are there at that time.

(2010-08-07, 10:58 PM)IdiotDomainer Wrote: [ -> ]I still have a few problems with a few plugins and I am not sure if its the Apart Flame theme or if its the plugins.

Here is a post where I listed the plugins, when you have a moment if you can take a look I would really appreciate it, thanks again.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75408-p...#pid551195

I honestly do not know why plugins are not working with the Apart themes. I completely re-created the template sets (and that template set is the one used in the theme) and it still didn't seem to work properly - the template changes were only being applied to the Default template set, even though no templates were modified. I'll have to look further into the problem - it might be a MyBB bug.
Quote:I honestly do not know why plugins are not working with the Apart themes. I completely re-created the template sets (and that template set is the one used in the theme) and it still didn't seem to work properly - the template changes were only being applied to the Default template set, even though no templates were modified. I'll have to look further into the problem - it might be a MyBB bug.

Thanks for looking into it Justin.
Yea they work fine in the Default theme, hopefully we can figure it out.

Thanks again.

(2010-08-07, 09:34 PM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-07, 06:53 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]Justin,

how do I make the forum stretch to about 95% of the page width for people using higher screen resolutions?

Edit global.css for the theme, select .wrapper, and modify the Width property. It should be set to 85% by default; modify it to whatever you'd like.

thanks!

Quote:I honestly do not know why plugins are not working with the Apart themes. I completely re-created the template sets (and that template set is the one used in the theme) and it still didn't seem to work properly - the template changes were only being applied to the Default template set, even though no templates were modified. I'll have to look further into the problem - it might be a MyBB bug.

Hey Justin, you were right it was a bug in MyBB.

frostschutz recommended this-

Quote:try the file verification check in the admin cp -> tools

if it says that adminfunctions_templates was modified, upload the new file from the current 1.6 zip

there was a bug in it that prevented plugins from making their modifications to themes correctly. with the new file you can just deactivate / activate the plugin and you should be set for all currently installed themes

That worked and that took care of all the bugs Smile

The only thing that is still not working is the Menu Manager in the Apart theme.
I think Menu Manager doesn't work because the menu bar in Apart is already full, it works in the default theme so I think I need an additional menu bar so I can add a few more links.
If you have a way I can add another menu bar that would be great, if not I'll try and figure something else out.

Also if you know a way I can add a banner to the top (between the first forum and the menu bar) and the footer that would also be great.
Not trying to have paid ads, its to advertise my other website from my forum.

Thanks again Smile
One question, what is the background of the theme? My site is white, but in CSS I see a line:

body { background: #222 url(images/night/bg.png);
}

My site is: http://www.foro.pesretro.com/
(2010-08-08, 06:13 AM)Gunner10 Wrote: [ -> ]One question, what is the background of the theme? My site is white, but in CSS I see a line:

body { background: #222 url(images/night/bg.png);
}

My site is: http://www.foro.pesretro.com/

Its supposed to be white.

I think that is the default background that is behind the white, and that is like a striped dark gray.
You see it like in between posting messages, it will show for a few seconds.
Thanks, I had this doubt. Another question, what is the font used on the buttons? Do not under Windows (Gimp in Windows).

And finally, why the alignment is so?

[Image: suvb4n.jpg]
clean, thanks
how do i change that whole header on top? i just wanna get rid of that logo part, background, and add my own.
Where's the PSDs for the logo and GDK? Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36