MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apart for 1.6 [Released]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(2010-08-06, 12:50 PM)raistlin Wrote: [ -> ]The stars don't work because the path in the CSS is badly defined... well, that's how it was in my case. It pointed to /images/calm/file.png, instead of /images/water/file.png. There were two paths to change I think.

That didn't work for me.

I changed them both to water and still no stars come up Sad
(2010-08-06, 10:00 PM)IdiotDomainer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-06, 12:50 PM)raistlin Wrote: [ -> ]The stars don't work because the path in the CSS is badly defined... well, that's how it was in my case. It pointed to /images/calm/file.png, instead of /images/water/file.png. There were two paths to change I think.

That didn't work for me.

I changed them both to water and still no stars come up Sad

I take that back...lol
I had a brain fart.

I had changed it to "water" because that was what you had written, but I didn't realize you meant replace it with the "Theme" name...lol

Mine isn't water, mine is Flame.

So it did work just like you said Smile

I am now seeing Stars! Wink
I'll try to release an updated version fixing the issues that have been discovered this weekend. Thanks for everyone's comments and for helping those who have had troubles - I've been both busy and exhausted the past few days. Smile
amazing Justin.!
(2010-08-07, 01:10 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try to release an updated version fixing the issues that have been discovered this weekend. Thanks for everyone's comments and for helping those who have had troubles - I've been both busy and exhausted the past few days. Smile

Kind of a bad idea to release a theme and not respond to the thread for 2 - 3 days, eh?
(2010-08-07, 01:10 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]I've been both busy and exhausted the past few days. Smile

He has a life you know, he can't be on MyBB 24/7.
Justin,

how do I make the forum stretch to about 95% of the page width for people using higher screen resolutions?

(2010-08-07, 06:53 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]Justin,

how do I make the forum stretch to about 95% of the page width for people using higher screen resolutions?

Edit global.css for the theme, select .wrapper, and modify the Width property. It should be set to 85% by default; modify it to whatever you'd like.

I've gone through and fixed the editor and rating star issues in all of the themes. Updated versions are now available on the Mods site. If you've already applied the two fixes mentioned in this thread to your forums, there is no need to re-download and re-install the theme(s).

Thanks,
Justin
First of all your themes all look fantastic and it was very hard to finally pick one to use.

I know next to nothing about coding or anything related to that but there seem to be two minor problems. Maybe these are purely at my end as I might be making stupid mistakes.

The problem I had using Water was that the text entry boxes didn't fit. I tried entering the code

Quote:form #message
{
width: 500px; /* You may increase this value */
}

To the end of the global.CSS but it didn't change anything, maybe my server is playing hard to get or something else but it didn't actually make the change. So I re-downloaded your new version and thought I'd test it to see if it made a difference. As it seemed all the images were the same rather than re upload the whole thing I just used the new and slightly larger XML. If I'm wrong doing this then tell me now.

I go back to the test but the box still doesn't fit the same as before, I can switch between the old install and the new and both have the same problem.

I'm also using the ProStats Plugin, it works fine on the old XML but doesn't show up on the new one. Maybe this is something they need to fix but it is interesting none the less. If there is something else I need to change to make it work then do tell me. I thought it should work whatever theme I used though, it does work with default.

I'm just letting you know that there may still be problems, you must have put a lot of hard work in and I'm happy to use it even with these most minor problems. For now though I'll be using the older version of the XML file.

Thanks again,

-edit,

I have managed to insert that code and the old version does work now. Entering it to the new version also seems to fix it, however the new version still effects plugins.
(2010-08-07, 10:15 PM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]I've gone through and fixed the editor and rating star issues in all of the themes. Updated versions are now available on the Mods site. If you've already applied the two fixes mentioned in this thread to your forums, there is no need to re-download and re-install the theme(s).

Thanks,
Justin

Hey Justin,
Thanks for fixing those.

I still have a few problems with a few plugins and I am not sure if its the Apart Flame theme or if its the plugins.

Here is a post where I listed the plugins, when you have a moment if you can take a look I would really appreciate it, thanks again.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75408-p...#pid551195

Btw off topic,
I read a couple of post in this thread were people are actually complaining that your Themes are too popular? ..lol

I never heard of someone complaining about something that is a good product and that people actually like and not to mention is...Free!

I just find that funny, maybe if you were charging for your themes people would have the right to complain.
But they are Free!

I thinks its ok to point out any problems someone might find just so they can help you fix any issues, but for someone to complain just because you make too good of a product and people love to use it is frigging Hilarious Big Grin

Keep up the good work Justin Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36