MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apart for 1.6 [Released]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Thank you, beautiful in all other themes.
Amazing themes Justin.

Love your work!
I like that when you do themes you do sets. They look good and I'm sure they'll be just as popular as Afresh was for 1.4x.
Justin, not to be rude, but please give MyBB designers a chance. We're tagging along here trying to catch up to your Afresh themes but no one can match them. You might say that is a good thing that your themes are so popular but it is probably the worst thing for MyBB. Your Afresh themes are over-saturated for MyBB forums. I don't care how good you think this is but I'm tired of seeing another noob coming here thinking that the Afresh themes are original. I'm tired of seeing over five threads in the Showcase forum have unoriginal Afresh themes. There even had to be a rule stopping users from saying "Oh, not another Afresh forum!". Afresh is like the Comic Sans of MyBB; it's seen everywhere and hated but never goes away. If the goal of a theme here is to be hated and over-saturated then I'm designing for the wrong forum.

I had to get that off my chest. I've been thinking that since the year after 1.4 was released. It's not that your themes are bad, it's just that I and probably many experienced MyBB users have grown tired of them and I can't bear seeing Afresh for another 2 years.
For as much as I hate seeing Afresh on every newbie forum, you can't blame Justin. He didn't make the theme so popular. He's just updating his amazing piece of work to 1.6.
(2010-08-02, 09:28 PM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]Justin, not to be rude, but please give MyBB designers a chance. We're tagging along here trying to catch up to your Afresh themes but no one can match them. You might say that is a good thing that your themes are so popular but it is probably the worst thing for MyBB. Your Afresh themes are over-saturated for MyBB forums. I don't care how good you think this is but I'm tired of seeing another noob coming here thinking that the Afresh themes are original. I'm tired of seeing over five threads in the Showcase forum have unoriginal Afresh themes. There even had to be a rule stopping users from saying "Oh, not another Afresh forum!". Afresh is like the Comic Sans of MyBB; it's seen everywhere and hated but never goes away. If the goal of a theme here is to be hated and over-saturated then I'm designing for the wrong forum.

I had to get that off my chest. I've been thinking that since the year after 1.4 was released. It's not that your themes are bad, it's just that I and probably many experienced MyBB users have grown tired of them and I can't bear seeing Afresh for another 2 years.

So go round up some of the drool-worthy IPB designers to compete. Offer them cookies.
(2010-08-02, 09:28 PM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]Justin, not to be rude, but please give MyBB designers a chance. We're tagging along here trying to catch up to your Afresh themes but no one can match them. You might say that is a good thing that your themes are so popular but it is probably the worst thing for MyBB. Your Afresh themes are over-saturated for MyBB forums. I don't care how good you think this is but I'm tired of seeing another noob coming here thinking that the Afresh themes are original. I'm tired of seeing over five threads in the Showcase forum have unoriginal Afresh themes. There even had to be a rule stopping users from saying "Oh, not another Afresh forum!". Afresh is like the Comic Sans of MyBB; it's seen everywhere and hated but never goes away. If the goal of a theme here is to be hated and over-saturated then I'm designing for the wrong forum.

I'm sad to say I agree too.

(2010-08-02, 11:55 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sad to say I agree too.

Why don't you go ahead and design some themes then? Justin (I assume?) just made one generic theme and changed the color to make 10 new themes. You could do the same.
Woo! I'll try and customize it and throw it on my MyBB 1.6 install. Smile

computergeek67 Wrote:Justin, not to be rude, but please give MyBB designers a chance. We're tagging along here trying to catch up to your Afresh themes but no one can match them. You might say that is a good thing that your themes are so popular but it is probably the worst thing for MyBB. Your Afresh themes are over-saturated for MyBB forums. I don't care how good you think this is but I'm tired of seeing another noob coming here thinking that the Afresh themes are original. I'm tired of seeing over five threads in the Showcase forum have unoriginal Afresh themes. There even had to be a rule stopping users from saying "Oh, not another Afresh forum!". Afresh is like the Comic Sans of MyBB; it's seen everywhere and hated but never goes away. If the goal of a theme here is to be hated and over-saturated then I'm designing for the wrong forum.

I fully agree. But I love the simplicity that the Afresh/Apart series offers. It's quite easy to customize under MyBB and get your own version up and running. If my site were up right now and running, I would have an example to show that Afresh doesn't exactly have to look the same. It also makes a very good theme to integrate directly into other website themes.
computergeek67 was that rant really necessary? This is a release thread and you're being a little rude. Certainly you're not required to like it nor use it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36