MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Facebook Connect for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
May peace be upon you,
This plugin allows people to connect to MyBB with their Facebook Accounts. They can start posting ASAP when there account is created. They won't not have to go through the long registration process.

Existing users can also log in with Facebook. They no longer have to remember their password.

Features:
* People can register an account using Facebook
* They can choose a Username during registration
* Their emails are fetched during registration
* People whose Facebook Email matches a user in the database gets logged in automatically and their accounts are linked (configurable)
* Includes a language file for easy translation
* Plugin will not work if the language file is not up to date

Update: Version 1.5.0 released
Download:
http://mybbmodding.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=180
Have a Publish to Wall feature in this ?
(2010-11-23, 05:33 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Have a Publish to Wall feature in this ?
No. it just have basic login/registration features. I don't plan to add those features for the time being. I'll concentrate on making the base more secure and functioning.

I may add "publish to wall" thingies in version 2 and version 1 is still in beta Big Grin

I'll stick to my plan(i've had bad experiences when not going according to my plan).
Better a stable plugin with less features than a plugin with kick-a$$ features which is unstable Wink
Is this recommended on a test installation over a live forum?
(2010-11-23, 05:41 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]No. it just have basic login/registration features. I don't plan to add those features for the time being. I'll concentrate on making the base more secure and functioning.

Right. Smile

(2010-11-23, 05:52 PM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Is this recommended on a test installation over a live forum?

Well its beta version, you can test it on demo site before going to implement on live forums.
i run this on my live forum it works well.

here is a sugg. make fbconnect.php as a popup (maybe hooking to misc.php can be interesting like misc.php?action=fbconnect)
(2010-11-24, 09:15 AM)dared Wrote: [ -> ]here is a sugg. make fbconnect.php as a popup (maybe hooking to misc.php can be interesting like misc.php?action=fbconnect)

What's the reason to "popup" BTW ?
Looks cool to me. I might have to give it a go Smile
(2010-11-24, 09:58 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-24, 09:15 AM)dared Wrote: [ -> ]here is a sugg. make fbconnect.php as a popup (maybe hooking to misc.php can be interesting like misc.php?action=fbconnect)

What's the reason to "popup" BTW ?

when u click to fblogin button it redirects u to fbconnect.php page and there is more login button to go. (also its a full mybb page with header template etc. and contains normal fblogin button. it confuse users mind.) its not good looking in this way. also i didnt mean any kind of popup. a popup like buddylist. click the "open buddy list" from header and think that is the fb connect link.

Also got a feedback; people doesnt login if they use opera browser.
yes, it could be confusing. I didn't find any other way simpler than this to implement this function.

The original plugin from which i made this one was hooked to global_start. Therefore, everytime the user would visit a page, the plugin would run. It would make pages load slower.

Other functions such as choose a username etc would be more difficult to implement.

I'll try to find shortcuts if possible. Maybe i could make part of the codes run globally and some not.

If you got ideas how to do it, please share Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19