MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anything big in Mybb's future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I've noticed, VB and the new XenoFore, are starting to seem to over run Mybb, the features seem better and the way they look, which is important to users, seem allot better. I am wondering, is Mybb taking any note and are they going to do a major update that will help keep them in this race?
other than the big rewrite for 2.0, nothing big. however, that is 2-3 years out
Well I hope Mybb upgrades a little? This, of course, is my own opinion.
I'm a member at some VB4 forums and reject the idea they are any better than before.
How about some details to back up your opinion?
I'd have to agree about the XenForo part, but vB is just getting worse.

It may seem like they're adding some cool new features but overall they're making it uglier.
I do admit, mybb needs a redesign and fast. 3 years is too long of a wait when everyone else is moving up.
(2011-04-16, 02:31 AM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]...over run...
(2011-04-16, 04:03 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]...moving up.

How about less cliches and some actual details to back up your opinions?

A redesign is a huge amount of work and it would break just about any plugin that makes front end modifications plus every theme. Considering authors will have to rewrite their plugins for 2.0, I don't imagine any author would be too keen about having to rewrite their plugins in say a years time (assuming we hypothetically made a 1.8 release with a new design) then having to rewrite their plugins again only a year or two later for MyBB 2.0.

Unless by redesign you mean simply shipping a different default theme, in which case you wouldn't really be achieving anything considering anyone can change the theme themselves easily.
(2011-04-16, 04:11 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]A redesign is a huge amount of work and it would break just about any plugin that makes front end modifications plus every theme. Considering authors will have to rewrite their plugins for 2.0, I don't imagine any author would be too keen about having to rewrite their plugins in say a years time (assuming we hypothetically made a 1.8 release with a new design) then having to rewrite their plugins again only a year or two later for MyBB 2.0.

Unless by redesign you mean simply shipping a different default theme, in which case you wouldn't really be achieving anything considering anyone can change the theme themselves easily.

Is MyBB 2.0 default theme leaning towards a fluid or fixed width?
Not sure how seriously your opinion can be considered on this when you own a graphics forum and this is your way of advertising it:

[Image: 17_11_01_11_1_36_23.png]

I'd be more interested in what the owners of larger boards would have to say.

You don't seem to be able to articulate what you want. XenForo is cool and flashy but I've not found it to have a whole lot of substance that MyBB is lacking. I agree that MyBB is rough around the edges and outdated in some areas but I don't find any of them particularly drastic enough to consider switching to another software before 2.0.

As for 2.0, people keep saying 2-3 years but I've not seen this date corroborated by anyone on staff; seems like hearsay. It'll be done when it's done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9