MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Condition and vb navbar for 1.20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
this works great. however, I get this message at the bottom of every page on the forum and admincp.

Fatal error: Call to a member function run_hooks() on a non-object in C:\Server\xampp\htdocs\inc\functions.php on line 146

refers to:

line 146 $plugins->run_hooks("send_mail_queue_start");

I dont want to hack the script on the production forum unless i know this work under linux. any advice?
nomadman, that was fixed in MyBB 1.2.2. Please [Wiki: upgrate] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
well, if what i downloaded from the download pages and the archive I have on my desktop says "mybb_122". I assume that the version I currently run is in fact 1.2.2. maybe the functions.php file available on 1st post isn't updated to 1.2.2 and needs to be updated?
Probably thats the case, because I am certain that error was fixed in 1.2.2.
Np Tikitiki, someone posted an attachment over on page 4 on this thread. Please op, update the 1st post to avoid confusion.

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...5#pid85385

thank yo for helping Tikitiki...

regards

edit:

the forum doesn't spit out anymore errors. but now i'm getting a different the same error in admin cp.

Fatal error: Call to a member function run_hooks() on a non-object in C:\Server\xampp\htdocs\inc\functions.php on line 154

refers to:

Line 154 $plugins->run_hooks("send_mail_queue_start");

I guess I can put up with it cause the users don't see it. But this is an error regardless. without this hack, everything is peachy. too bad i can't use it.
Had a go with IE7 and Opera. this mod clearly isn't for prime time.
The problem is that it overwrites your functions.php file, there is a lot of fixes in it so you need to update the new functions.php with the iif function yourself.
I ran this thread's functions.php and 1.2.2 functions.php through Beyond Compare. I did manage to get rid of of the cp error that I posted on #45. But the mod just isn't IE7 friendly. Never mind Opera, since 99.9% of my board's member use IE. I have no plans on re-educating IE users why some browsers are better Sad.
<!-- header quick search form -->
<div class="menupop" id="search-popup" style="display:none">
<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
<tr>
<td class="tcat">Search</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="row">

<form method="post" action="$settings[bburl]/search.php">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="hidden" name="postthread" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="forums" value="all" />
<input type="hidden" name="showresults" value="threads" />
<input type="text" name="keywords" value="" />
$gobutton
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="menu_row"><a href="search.php">Advanced Search</a></td>
</tr>
</table>
</div></form>

<!-- / header quick search form -->

What can i use instead of "$gobutton"?

(<input type="button"......... ???????)
I posted the idea in the ideas section to add conditional statements to the template system.

http://ideas.mybboard.net/idea/template-conditionals

Vote for it if you want it bad enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17