MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Content Until Reply 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Some boards have it, i let users decide it and that is the reason to be paid due i do not use it, but i work on it for anothers.

Many boards use this systems allowing protection to cheapers because they want all for free, no time to register or post, only if have troubles they take time to let know some weird things.

A plugin like this sometimes is functional to prevent that kind of guys, the web does not be the same that was few years ago, but sometimes i think is unnecesary and for that you can choose what areas are available for plugin usage.

I respect all opinions, but you have to understand i never use this and support it and recode it allways take time, so many users says i will donate to you for your work and since that comments i may say i did not receive a peny or nothing, i stop to up to date and some users send me pms and more, so i decide to work on it but put it as paid, and if there are 10 buyers i think i can release it but all users who pay and use are very happy. But this mods require support and more time so i have not time to lose it at least was in that terms.

And yes i know many users hate it and others love it, but at the end i let the users decide if use it or not retrieving the time to make it. I usually prefer not to use it due my forum is for free support and i give it some free items but maintenance, buy tools for programing (i mean good tools). Requires some money and everytime i donare more that 50% to good causes and other part i take it for complete the site maintenance. Not an excuse, but is the reason on why i use paid mods.
Of course, I completely appreciate that this is your work, that you have put much effort in to, continue to support (your response time to my comment was fantastic in itself) it, and so on. Please by no means think I am degrading yourself or your plugin; I cannot express my appreciation for all authors who do this sort of work without expense to others.

I completely appreciate your point and it is, at the end of the day, the forum administrators choice to implement such a plugin... all I am saying to said administrators is to really think carefully if a plugin like this is really the best choice for their forum. There are other ways to get users engaged than simply making someone post a useless comment; such comments are fake, are not true reactions and I bet most of them are people who simply join and post once to get the download anyway.

However, great work regardless! =D
(2016-04-03, 12:04 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ].... such comments are fake, are not true reactions and I bet most of them are people who simply join and post once to get the download anyway.

That mostly apply to w@rez boards.

But there's many OTHER uses for "HIDE" on other forums , HIDE is better than SPOILER*

"GAME" for example: User has to REPLY (post his/her answer ) to see if it MATCHES the HIDDEN/answer
or
People that "replies" give the OP/author an idea of who read/is interested in their topic and "hidden content".

*with SPOILER you have no idea who viewed the content.

The link doesnt work mind updating it ?
There in only a paid version right now...

So you can buy it or use another one there are alot of free mods right now, but do not do the same, bt youu can use three or for mods to do this withot paying or use the mod of link paid and trust me it really worth it. I know due some comments of users who bought it.

If mod does not work in here it's for sure i have some bad comments, because bad news allways go arond and good news never. so yo can see no bad news and some uusers buy it, so i know it works fine and you can see references on my forum of that users anytime you want.
ah ok I understand
(2016-06-12, 02:56 PM)Awais_316 Wrote: [ -> ]ah ok I understand

where do i buy iv been looking for this for so long does it work with updated mybb
http://soportemybb.es/tienda.php?action=view_down&did=2

There you can buy it anytime you wish. All paid mods are up to date, free ones too.
Hi Dark Neo,

I downloaded this hide_content_until_reply_v19.zip through the attachment and I am getting this error when Opening PMs.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Query:
SELECT tid FROM mybb_posts WHERE pid =

Kindly, help!
@YihuYon

This version is not compatible anymore with new MyBB versions, you have to buy the latest release to work fine with your forum boards.

http://soportemybb.es/tienda.php?action=view_down&did=2

That includes all updates and it's the working version with all MyBB actual series.

The version you've downloaded only works with 1.6.10 and lesser versions of 1.6.x only.

The most usefull and working on version is the latest 2.1.5 and you can bought it on the link i provide and really worth it i know due all comments of users who have it Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14