MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Content Until Reply 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Well, I installed this Mod today. I am administrator but for testing I set it so even I would have to reply to a post to see things. However, for example Attachments which according to settings should be hidden, are still visible to me.

Other things like text or Url's are visible to me as well, in a thin frame that says content on the top left in a reddish kinda color. But nothing is hidden.

Any thoughts on that ?

I can also just confirm what was written in one of the reviews.

[Image: m5EWM7f.jpg]

After installing this Plugin, guests don't see any images anymore. Its all set to hidden and needs to be replied to. However that only works like that and if I might add, not as it should.

Because otherwise I dont works with hiding. Was looking forward to that Plugin but if it messes with other forum functions, I dont have a choice but deinstall it.

Wolfseye
you don't use the latest version, this plugin have a lot of changes, but i upload the version to 1.8 and here i upload 1.7 a few thre months ago and it's validated right now, if you use the last plugin version you do not have any problems like this.

In review are for 1.5 version, because 1.7 wasn't validated yet.

Now i have 1.8 version and here 1.7 why, because they validated two months before i release the new 1.8 and last most stable version. you can see it on my forum and works like a charm xD.

Well if you want it go to my forum and download from there, or here i put a link to new version, if any problem tell me.

Cheers.

If i upgrade on forum maybe the next year validate this mod and if find any bugs or things and solve, maybe i have a 1.9v, when 1.8 appears here, but the final idea is put here the last version i have if i can i use github till now, because i have more than thre mods and here are only 3, xD.

NOTE: If you want to see how it works see on my forum and images and videos works fine and all mod works perfect.

http://darkneo.skn1.com/tema-231.html

Only you have to put right permision on admin CP. But images and videos works fine now, you can see it in that link.
I tried the latest Version (removed previous completely incl. files etc.) but still, it doesn't work. All settings are enabled and for testing I did not make the Admin group as a exception so I would also see the hidden content.

Yet, this time when I tried the
[hide][/hide]
tags around certain things, it only showed (for example)
[hide]test123[/hide]
as a result, nothing else. What was enabled in the Options, that it would work for URL's or even Attachments, that also didn't work.

Installed it 3 times by now, same result every time. Seems that plugin only works for you. Wink

Wolfseye
You don't use fin this mod, because this mod are on many, many boards and only you have trouble i thing. But you can test on my forum and make sure this plugin works fine.

First at all, you have to add usergroups or don't if don't they don't see hidden contents, attachments or urls, you can test on my forum, and see by yourself and not only mine, a lot of forums with this mod xD.

Then you have to add forums where mod don't take effects, this is the forums where mod shows as you say.

Well i have to see by myself because maybe some other plugin make a conflict with your forum and this tasks.

whats the url of your forum, and a test acount to see by myself, send me a P.M if you wish and i help to solve this issue on your board.

Example: Forums where mods apply:

http://darkneo.skn1.com/tema-231.html

USER TO TEST:

username: Test
password: test123

http://darkneo.skn1.com/tema-242.html
In this forums and others mod does not apply and no take any effects, only if youre guest all contents does not show, but this is only on my site xD. Because i want works this way and only if you're registered, banned

You may reply to thread and see what happens, then test as you wish and told me if mod does not work or something to fix it, cheers ?
Nice work, Dark Neo! Also, I like your forum even if I don't understand spanish language.
Sorry for off but I'm curious: you use MyBB 1.7 on your forum ???
No, i really use the latest version ever when this was released, (stable and recomended by MyBB group by the way xD).

I use right now 1.6.11 version, my theme and all content it's of my team design, actually two members xD.

If you have any question or something you can do it here and i response as soon as i can, i don't talk english as i want, but i do my best to give support.

I am a team member on spanish support forum, but unfortunately this forum dissapear a few days ago, but right now Omar G, Cluster, Gustavo, Ignacio P and other members working on to bring a new experience community to all spanish members, but i wanna work on many sites if i can give any help to every user who needs support.

Well about this plugin, if you have any question or something like that you can ask and i response here.
Thank you so much for this great plug in!

I want to make a couple of changes, can you help me with the code? I have tried but couldnt get it to work.

Here is what it originally looks like:
[attachment=30893]
Here is what it looks with your plug in (after some modification):
[attachment=30894]
And here is what I want it to look like:
[attachment=30895]

As you can see, I dont want a new <br> line for each attachment, I want them on the same line! Smile

Can you please help me Smile ? Would be much appreciated!

Ok, this is weird. It stopped working after I updated to 1.9

Look at this, the image you see is an attachment inserted into the post, and this is what happens:
[attachment=30896]
Firts at all, you have an attachment on your post, if you want to see them, go to your adminCP and configure plugin to not works on urls and attachments, you can only use hide tag, and in this way you can do as you wish this contents to hide.

onlly you have to add

[hide] here all content, bbcode, text, urls, etc, etc. [/hide]

And then you only have to reply and configure settings as you wish to see this contents without have to reply a thread, like admins or some people who can test contents inside this tags.

Then have to work as you wish. Only shows one hide content on your post and thats all, because i take the content for every url, and as i can see you use urls on your images so, disable urls on plugin and use hide tag on all contents do you wanna hide.

Cheers.
But I dont want to use the [hide] tag. I want it to hide it automatically.

It worked before I updated to v. 1.9!

Look at this:

Configuration:
[attachment=30898]

What my post looks like when I edit it:
[attachment=30899]

What my post looks like for guests:
[attachment=30900]
That is because you don't use urls, hide tags or attachments, you post your attachments, so on attachments list you can display as hidden content all, but if you share this content changes to image codes, and in 1.7 versionn that was a problem fr many people if i hide images too,and for that reason better is to works as he have to do.

You have to use hide tags or indeed mod the plugin file to hide attachments tags inside posts, but when it changes to images see your source code and you can see what i´m telling to you.

If you wan to do this you have to add this tag and hide and do all tasks on entire plugin to work fine, well as you wish.

And when you do this only go and use some match results to add if exist more that two files, and then text.

The only way is using plugin improvements as i say or modifying all entire plugin to do what you want, you can add images or some codes on posts, but you have to add this to portal, edit, quick edit, and more than one code mods have to be done.

So, you can hide images too, and it works, but images all users want to be showed for that reason i change this and add videos and more things to be showed on latest versions, but you can use urls and add on image tag a change like href attribute and only have to work on urls matchs to do what you want to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14