MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Content Until Reply 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I got a problem while using this plugin. Look here

http://community.mybb.com/thread-150277.html
I renponse to you on that thread, cheers.
I test it on new 1.8 alpha version and this mod works fine, only have to add the styleshet manually, but when this version was an stable release can work on new things, but works on all 1.6.x versions without problems, i fixed common errors and bugs, but i released on github the latest version of my plugins to make more easy to users can edit or add some new parts or fix posible bugs or common errors, cheers.
The mod site has version 1.7 of this plugin not version 1.9

At the time of installation it said that a new version is available but it never downloads the latest (1.9) version.
(2014-02-07, 12:08 AM)Alam Wrote: [ -> ]The mod site has version 1.7 of this plugin not version 1.9

At the time of installation it said that a new version is available but it never downloads the latest (1.9) version.

That is because when i upload since 1.5 to 1.7 i share the link, but when they validate this 1.7 version i got 1.9 version and has passed to 1.6 and 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 i upload and take about six months to validate it, so i upload on github and share it.

If i upgrade on mods version they take a lot of xtime for many reasons they told me, so i upload to github and many new fixed issues are on that place, i share here a link to the mod too and put in this official support thread new things about this mod, and for that reason it's bette to me upload the latest tested version on github, you can see how it works on my site, however i bring support on my site and here.

For example i send a new thread here of my mod thanks, well they validate it in 24 hours, i share that day the support thread, it was on October 8th 2013, so it was about three months November, December and January, the mods it's ready and i fixed many bugs i found i have a new version of that plugin too, but i can't share because they don't validate a support thread and well i have to wait until they take some time to verify this and validate it.

And for that reason i put every plugin on github, all plugins was tested and working on my site. I can share with all users, but when i send some plugin they verify and then validate it if it's a god and tested plugin, but some persons check it out and validate it, so if nobody verify this, then they don't validate plugins, because there are many many plugins sended. In future releases or plugins i send the original and first stable release to mods site, then i upload all fixed bugs on github and in that way you can have better service.

Thanks in advice and when you install or update the latest version, have to configure it fine, because some users told me they can't edit threads, but only threads or posts for other users, because this mod works lie that and assume if you put forums where don't apply, the forum have to work fine, on other words, configure this new option as you wish and then test it.

This latest version was optimizated code on many ways, uses cache to bring better experience when you use it and works very fine.
Thank you for replying!

Image in this version only works (shows) if we have it in 'root' folder. If we try to move the 'closed.png' file into another folder the mod never shows it on threads.

I've updated the hideip.php with new image location but it's not showing.
background: #FEEFB3 url(images/sub_folder/closed.png) no-repeat;

Inspect Element said that the image is calling from class .hideip_box{ of file hideipbox.css but when I opened that file there was no image link there.
You have two global templates and one styleshet.

Have to select your theme and on style you have to go to hideipbox.css

Then you will find at the beginning of all this image location:

This is the content of hideip_box.css:

.hideip_box{
    color: #9F6000;
    background: #FEEFB3 url(images/closed.png) no-repeat;
	font-family:Verdana, Helvetica, Tahoma;
	text-align: center;
	width: 95%;
	border: 1px solid;
	margin: 10px 12px;
	padding:10px 10px;
	border-radius: 5px;
}

.unhideip_box{
	background: #DFF2BF;
	font-family:Verdana, Helvetica, Tahoma;
	text-align: justify;	
	border: 1px solid #424242;
	margin: 10px 12px;
	padding:10px 10px;
	border-radius: 5px;
}

.hideip_content{
	color:#E0143D;
	font-size:12px;
	font-weight: bold;
}

.hideip_content_small{
	color:#DC143C;
	font-size:9px;
	font-weight: bold;
}

.hideip_content_show{
	color:#414141;
	font-family:Verdana;
	font-size:11px;
}

At the beginning you have this:

background: #FEEFB3 url(images/closed.png) no-repeat;

Change it to your current image location dir on your FTP.

If this styleshet would not appear you can create it and name it to whatever you want i call hideip_box.css but you can name it as you wish you have to save it and if exists you can change the second value of that css.

Cheers.

By default this styleshet takes default values on every theme you have , so you have to only edit on every theme as you wish to your own stylization and have to work.

Any question i'm glad to response.
Does this one hide on RSS feed too?
Yes, syndication, portal, printable, normal mode, and all posible things taken in this mod, only if you have this options activated.

When you taking about RSS feed i asume is on syndication.php pages, this appy to all parts where are activate this mod, i work very hard to put all posibe things in this mod and in thanks mod by me, where you can hide with some tags you want, but works in this places too.
it not work with 6.12, and can edit old posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14