MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Eww! What happened to MyBB theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(2014-08-27, 02:57 PM)M. Hassan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-13, 02:24 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]This theme is way more modern and beautiful, moreover, you don't have to like the default theme as barely anyone would keep this as it is, and would install a custom theme Smile

I hardly call this modern. It isnt even responsive.. This is 2014 not 2005.

agreed.

the new theme is definitely better than the old one, but it's still based off of the apart series that's been out for years now...
To clear up why this theme is based on apart:
Apart is the most downloaded theme for 1.6 which shows that it is very popular. Since we wish to make as little breaking changes to the theme as possible, using a slightly updated 1.6 theme is a lot better than starting over and creating a responsive theme. A responsive base theme would mean that theme authors would find it harder to update their 1.6 themes to 1.8. It is much easier for theme authors to create their own responsive themes if they want to try. The community theme needs to be similar to the default base theme to allow us to easily update and to show new users what the default setup of MyBB looks like.
The new theme looks up to date with the new Html5 / Tablet flat look. I like it, well done guys.
but yet its still not valid HTML and no one has even commented in regards to that.
That is a bit of an issue TBH. Especially when they're fairly small issues. Does it apply to fresh installed versions? I've only just tested this forum.
(2014-08-29, 11:56 AM)citizendc Wrote: [ -> ]The new theme looks up to date with the new Html5 / Tablet flat look. I like it, well done guys.

The new theme is unfortunately not HTML5, it's still XHTML 1.0.

(2014-08-29, 02:21 PM)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]but yet its still not valid HTML and no one has even commented in regards to that.

Why would you care about that much? Google.com isn't valid and has 28 errors according to the validator.
Normally there wouldn't even be a new theme with a dot 6 to dot 8 upgrade. The reason this happened is because many people complained that the old theme was so far behind relief was needed. That's what this new theme is. It's to provide relief while a more advanced MyBB is being developed. And it is based on the Apart theme, which is a very popular theme.
(2014-08-29, 04:44 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-29, 11:56 AM)citizendc Wrote: [ -> ]The new theme looks up to date with the new Html5 / Tablet flat look. I like it, well done guys.

The new theme is unfortunately not HTML5, it's still XHTML 1.0.

(2014-08-29, 02:21 PM)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]but yet its still not valid HTML and no one has even commented in regards to that.

Why would you care about that much? Google.com isn't valid and has 28 errors according to the validator.

because valid HTML makes it more professional, and most of google's are just non escaped & symbols but mybb's is elements that aren't part of the the XHTML standard.

But from what i can tell its not part of MyBB but rather the fail "containers" this site uses for the forum putting muliple container divs and using nav tags etc on xhtml 1.0
(2014-08-29, 08:34 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]To clear up why this theme is based on apart:
Apart is the most downloaded theme for 1.6 which shows that it is very popular. Since we wish to make as little breaking changes to the theme as possible, using a slightly updated 1.6 theme is a lot better than starting over and creating a responsive theme. A responsive base theme would mean that theme authors would find it harder to update their 1.6 themes to 1.8. It is much easier for theme authors to create their own responsive themes if they want to try. The community theme needs to be similar to the default base theme to allow us to easily update and to show new users what the default setup of MyBB looks like.

that's a shame when you consider that mybb 2.0 is probably years away.

having a new theme would make 1.8 pop right out of the box. 
That isn't going to happen when we're so close to release. How many forums actually use the stock theme? Serious forums always use a custom or purchased one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12