MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Eww! What happened to MyBB theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Some people hate it some people like it it's a matter of taste.

Though one thing I do dislike even though I simply adore the theme is that the forum uses a different theme from the rest of the site and it makes the whole site look horrible as a whole.
(2014-08-13, 07:28 PM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]Some people hate it some people like it it's a matter of taste.

Though one thing I do dislike even though I simply adore the theme is that the forum uses a different theme from the rest of the site and it makes the whole site look horrible as a whole.

I agree, but I imagine that will be fixed once 1.8 is released. They haven't released the new mods site or anything of that sort yet, and they have a new website on github from the looks of it. Of course I can't speak for the team here, but I imagine they are probably just waiting for the release of 1.8 to push the new website in its entirety.
They said they had to wait for someone with DNS to update it.
To be honest, it's not exactly that different to the old one colour wise. It's been blue and white/grey since forever.

The rest of the site is already being rebuilt, we're running 1.8 here for testing purposes, but the website wasn't quite ready.
Theres a little too much white for me :/ It kinda makes my head hurt. I had to turn down my mac brightness to browse for any extended period of time...
No it's not so different, only more boring with its white backgrounds. The black bar which goes the whole page width is terrible but as we say "de gustibus non est disputandum". No problem however, I will modify what I don't like, a good working code is what is really important.
For anyone that needs a darker background for browsing the site, there's always Stylish.
Shame the whole website wasn't ready, and personally I would love a choice of themes, I dislike the 1.8 especially the black bar at the top. But hell, pretty sure i've hated most changes to start :p. It's just getting used to it.

Good job MyBB Smile
Regarding the black bar, how about changing it to this:

.post .post_author {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #bbb;
    border-top: 1px solid #999;
    background: #f5f5f5;
    padding: 5px;
    overflow: hidden;
}

Also, how about setting the default background image to something nice like this:
http://funcoders.com/templates/Jets/CORE...ttered.png

See here:
[Image: YOKMS2m.png]

It's much less garish.
I think the new theme looks fantastic. MyBB finally looks like it's from this decade.

There may have been a few layout issues caused by cloudflare caching images which made it look a bit broken but those should be cleared now.

Also, black white and blue are basically MyBBs colours. MyBB has used white and blue in particular for as long as I can remember (I think these colours were used as far back as 2004) although the new logo introduced black but this isn't new either and looks more modern than the grey. I'm surprised people are complaining about this compared to the very flamboyant use of orange and blue on the old design lol.

FYI the new site is available here: http://mybb.github.io/mybb.com/

So you can see the new site is definitely on the way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12