MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Eww! What happened to MyBB theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ya even the page load speed has been improved..... Feels great with it
In my opinion, I think the secondary menu that has view new posts, etc and User CP should be Swapped.  Users will most often click the View New Posts, PM's, etc more and not so much for USER CP. But they'll see User CP more when they're scrolling the website.

Also I think that the logo is huge and the text is whacked. Why does the last B have more space next to the B before then the Y  between the M and B? The kerning really needs work for the logo, and a possible re-size. Why is it so huge?

The search bar has no way to tell the user it's been focused. Not even a outline. Bad UX.

I'm not sure if it's my screen, but why is the second level header (Like the <tr> that displays the word "forum" and "Reply to thread ....") straight up black?#000 is a bad color. Just a little lighter would've looked better with the forum. 

I think the buttons like Post reply looks great as a default, my issue is that there is no :hover state except for a light border that's hardly visible, and no :active state. 

I think you guys could've took some time to get some media queries up in the CSS3 stylesheet. If this was at-least half decent in mobile browsers without a plugin, it would be a lot more better, and probably more often impressive. Responsive design is a HUGE thing now. Even clients I've worked with who has little to no coding knowledge knows what responsive design is. I do think you guys should work on this before the release.

I really love the thread design though. It's much more readable now, in my opinion.

Edit: The "pencil" next to the EDIT button looks huge compared to the text.

There needs to be some whitespace for the "Edit Reason" box and buttons and content box, it's all smashed together!

The black spinner is definitely ugly when saving changes to a post.. A light gray version would've worked so much better,

Edit: Yeah after  browing the forum some, the seconday navigation is really bothering me. I keep clicking User CP instead of "View New Posts". I am really hoping you guys can change this to the website as well as the default theme. Move open Buddy List to the end of the navigation too. What's more important, Viewing New Posts or buddy list?

Edit; Why is there a bottom-border on the dropdown menu when clicking edit?
I really like the new version. However, the design puts a lot of strain on the eyes, so I made some simple changes using Stylish. You can see and download it from here.

PS: Tell me if you want me to make some changes.
Those minor edits, apart from bringing the old pattern back Toungue, are actually quite easier on the eyes...
(2014-08-18, 09:29 PM)Baltzatu Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the new version. However, the design puts a lot of strain on the eyes, so I made some simple changes using Stylish. You can see and download it from here.

Can anyone* create a UserStyles.org  MyBB.com dark style similar to this Youtube.com style ( image below ) ,
but with whiter text, close to pure white is preferred.  Links are in  blue.

[Image: hnZs1xH.jpg]

*poke poke hint hint  Wink
T.I.A.
You should post in Theme Requests if you want a new theme.
(2014-08-19, 03:48 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You should post in Theme Requests if you want a new theme.

I think he wants it for the UserStyles Chrome plugin, not an ACTUAL theme ^_^
(2014-08-19, 02:31 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-18, 09:29 PM)Baltzatu Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the new version. However, the design puts a lot of strain on the eyes, so I made some simple changes using Stylish. You can see and download it from here.

Can anyone* create a UserStyles.org  MyBB.com dark style similar to this Youtube.com style ( image below ) ,
but with whiter text, close to pure white is preferred.  Links are in  blue.

http://i.imgur.com/hnZs1xH.jpg

*poke poke hint hint  Wink
T.I.A.
Sure, I'm on it.
Well I've eliminated all the links for user/admin-cp, view new posts, buddy list, pm etc. Made a modal popup window with some nice styling and all the links inside. Hard to click on the wrong link in it.

And my Logo is a collage of different images not taking the full screen width, I also made one menu bar just under it, some sort of how it was with the previous Mybb site.

For some reason I can't reduce the width of the panel bar, it should take the width of the logo, but then, I'm more a programmer than a designer. Will find it out one day :-)
So, I finished making a dark version of the theme. Personally, I think it is a little too dark, but I tried to get it as close as possible to the one from the screenshot you posted, Vanz. Here it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12