MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Eww! What happened to MyBB theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The community has developed plugins aimed at mobile users in the past, with MyBB GoMobile being the prime example. It was a bit buggy the last time I had attempted to use it, but the potential is there.
@Shemo, you can change to fluid width theme in the footer, it doesn't create horizontal scroll on my 1024x768.
(2014-08-22, 11:47 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]@Shemo, you can change to fluid width theme in the footer, it doesn't create horizontal scroll on my 1024x768.

it still does for me...

[attachment=32245]
(2014-08-22, 01:56 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]The community has developed plugins aimed at mobile users in the past, with MyBB GoMobile being the prime example. It was a bit buggy the last time I had attempted to use it, but the potential is there.

I once suggested using the MyBB GoMobile plugin as starting point for the team to use as an official plugin but was told it would be included in 2.0. Personally I understand not wanting rewrite the 1.x templates but an official plugin to address the mobile issue would be nice. More and more people are using tablets vs laptops and it's only going to continue down this path. 2.0 could be 2 maybe 3 years down the road, that's too long to go without a official solution.
Gomobile plugin component (or any other plugin) won't make theme(s) mobile friendly - a separate theme always has to be added (and rewritten from bottom to top) in order to fit a smartphone / tablet / laptop screen. When rewriting it you have to keep in mind that a official mobile theme is expected to work with plugins without any problems (upload / activate method). As mentioned before, all plugins are written in order to fit default desktop theme (extensive table usage with two or more table cells in one row) and since you want to reduce cell numbes per row on a mobile theme you'll end up with broken layout after certain plugin is added.
I highly doubt there will be an official plugin. It's just more work for the team in both terms of development and support. Generally that would mean someone creates a plugin and then the team is left to maintain it. There's nothing wrong with a community solution and if there's enough demand (as shown in the past, there is) then one will be created.
I personally think with the amount of hardcoded HTML that has been moved to templates, responsive themes will be much more common.
(2014-08-13, 01:43 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]A matter of taste. Personally, I like it much more than 1.6 theme. Especially the non-hardcoded HTML.

This. I feel like that it is much more appealing.
I quite like it. looks modern and beautiful.
(2014-08-22, 09:57 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I personally think with the amount of hardcoded HTML that has been moved to templates, responsive themes will be much more common.

how about starting with luxure?

Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12