MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SimpleLikes v2.0.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Would love to see this working with style usernames plug in Smile

edit : I edited the template but it doesn't show the number of total likes for some reason oO http://prntscr.com/81yu81 ( i know i am denied support but that's for a bs reason tbh).
(2015-08-04, 06:34 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-04, 04:03 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-03, 05:57 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, as seen in the screenshots in the first post Smile The dark bar shows who has liked the post.

For some reason this doesn't stay up on my forum. 

The only time I see that dark bar, is when I like the post, then the message "You liked this post" will appear, then disappear after 2 seconds.

Hi, can you check your header include template? This usually happens because the JavaScript is in there twice. This can happen if you upgraded from an older version usually.

It doesn't make sense how this would be a js issue. It will only show when you press the button, it doesn't show on page load.
(2015-08-07, 04:24 PM)eternity123 Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to see this working with style usernames plug in Smile

edit : I edited the template but it doesn't show the number of total likes for some reason oO http://prntscr.com/81yu81 ( i know i am denied support but that's for a bs reason tbh).
Odd, which template did you edit and what code did you use? It has to be either the "postbit" or "postbit_classic" template, not any of the others.
(2015-08-07, 05:23 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-04, 04:03 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-03, 05:57 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, as seen in the screenshots in the first post Smile The dark bar shows who has liked the post.

For some reason this doesn't stay up on my forum. 

The only time I see that dark bar, is when I like the post, then the message "You liked this post" will appear, then disappear after 2 seconds.

Hi, can you check your header include template? This usually happens because the JavaScript is in there twice. This can happen if you upgraded from an older version usually.

It doesn't make sense how this would be a js issue. It will only show when you press the button, it doesn't show on page load.

No, it can definitely be a JS issue. If the JS is there twice, the toggle request will be sent twice. So the post will be liked, then unlike immediately.

If the site with the problem is the same site as in your sig, the JS doesn't seem to be there twice so that probably isn't the cause. Can you send me details for a test account?
Nice work, looks great!
i tried both postbit templates and postbit_author_user still total thanks number not shown.
Have you turned the setting on in the ACP?
(2015-08-07, 05:45 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-07, 05:23 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-04, 04:03 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason this doesn't stay up on my forum. 

No, it can definitely be a JS issue. If the JS is there twice, the toggle request will be sent twice. So the post will be liked, then unlike immediately.

If the site with the problem is the same site as in your sig, the JS doesn't seem to be there twice so that probably isn't the cause. Can you send me details for a test account?

I'm having exactly this same problem, already checked there's only 1 java script at header inc.
And I have clean MyBB 1.8 installation. My friend with Super Admin access somehow managed to save his "Like"
on one post, but not in every post, and it's not possible to UnLike it. I'm also using MyAlert plugin with this, and I get all those "Fail" Likes doubled on my alert list. So it first likes the post, but immediately unlikes it?

Feel free to check:
User: test
Pass: test1337
Hi,

I'm away with work for this week so I won't have a chance to look until the weekend, but I will look then.
Ok, I'm not sure what happened, but seems like the button is better now. But it's still being little glitchy only in some threads. The area where all likes appears, when you are the first liker, the area stays for 2 seconds and then disappears. But you only have to refresh your page to be able to see it. When someone has done that, the rest likes works properly.
And MyAlerts still sending 2 alerts from same like :/
Strange. I'll have a look tonight after work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12