MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SimpleLikes v2.0.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quote:Of course trolls are simply reported and I deal with things that way.

There a quite a few times on our board that someone does somethign that requires neg rep. (or in this plugins case...a thumbs down) and they are not a troll or needs banning...

1) repetitively posting of bad habits (coding) as answers after being told the better methods
2) repetitively not giving the asked information required after being asked to give it
I cant think of anymore on the fly but there are more

I still think the option should be given to allow the thumbs down. And anyone can always turn it off via  a setting. Of course the rep system can too. 

Quote:It seems the development team (Euan T) is still quite active with supporting this plugin, which makes it that much more appealing. 

Thanks again Euan T for making this plugin and keeping it updated. I hope I can turn to you in the future if any issues arise.  [Image: cool.gif]
Agreed. Not every plugin has support like this one.
You can use MyReactions plugin. It allows negative/positive reactions
People have asked for dislikes a couple of times now, I may actually consider adding it as it would be a fairly simple change to make.
I think a cool additional option to simplelikes (albeit the name defies adding complexity) would be a way to like a "portion" a post. For example the same way we quote a portion of a post, and just post "+1"...if for some reason you only agree to that one statement, not the entire post. That of course would add a much larger section under the postbit for people liking specific things, etc. But i think the option would be cool, and i would enable it if i had the option regardless of how much extra space it consumed.
As you suggested, SimpleLikes is meant to be extremely simple, so I'd rather not add complexity like that into this plugin I'm afraid.
Is there any way i can integrate the most likes into the prostats plugin?
You'd have to modify prostats for that, try contacting the author of that plugin.
{$post['likes_received']} seems to show the total number of likes the user has received. Is there any way to show the number of likes the post has received?
(2016-10-23, 07:10 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to show the number of likes the post has received?
The specific post will show the first 3 names of the users you liked with a link to see all if there are more.
I asked specifically about the number of likes. At any rate I'll probably just use a different plugin since this one is lacking some of the features I need.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12