MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SimpleLikes v2.0.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hey, for starters I wanted to thank you for this plugin! My small little forum has just completed the transfer over to this plugin and we couldn't be happier.

However we are having a slight problem and was hoping you could help out a bit. 

I got the like button to appear and it saves to user profiles without a problem, everything is going smoothly with that. What I need is to add a "Likes Received:" option in the postbit_author_user and whenever I try to add this to it I don't see any number update.

{$lang->postbit_posts} {$post['postnum']}<br />
	{$lang->postbit_threads} {$post['threadnum']}<br />
	{$lang->postbit_joined} {$post['userregdate']}
	{$post['replink']}{$post['profilefield']}{$post['warninglevel']}
<br>
Likes Received: <a href="{$mybb->settings['burl']}/misc.php?action=post_likes_received_by_user&user_id={$post['id']}">{$post['likes_received']}</a>

It shows the profile like this;

[Image: cf45feee919e2cf28d197abe91542420.png]

If you check user profile it shows the likes received and given, and I want this same information to show on each user post but not underneath the post, but in the postbit author section. 

If you need to check out the raw version ---> http://www.nevieth.com/index.php

Thanks again for the plugin, I'm loving it except this one little issue.
Change id to uid
(2016-10-14, 02:09 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]Change id to uid

Change id to uid on this part?
{$post['uid']}">{$post['likes_received']}

I just tried it and no difference.
Im not sure what to telll you that was the fix for me
https://community.mybb.com/thread-204974.html

Oh wait my problem was the number showed but was not clickable.
Blush
(2016-10-14, 01:24 AM)nevieth Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, for starters I wanted to thank you for this plugin! My small little forum has just completed the transfer over to this plugin and we couldn't be happier.

I got the like button to appear and it saves to user profiles without a problem, everything is going smoothly with that. What I need is to add a "Likes Received:" option in the postbit_author_user and whenever I try to add this to it I don't see any number update.

<br>
Likes Received: <a href="{$mybb->settings['burl']}/misc.php?action=post_likes_received_by_user&user_id={$post['id']}">{$post['likes_received']}</a>

If you check user profile it shows the likes received and given, and I want this same information to show on each user post but not underneath the post, but in the postbit author section. 

Hi,

Unfortunately you can't use it in the postbit_author_user template, but you can add it to the main postbit/postbit_classic template. You can still get it to be in the right place under the details this way though Smile
(2016-10-14, 05:43 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-14, 01:24 AM)nevieth Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, for starters I wanted to thank you for this plugin! My small little forum has just completed the transfer over to this plugin and we couldn't be happier.

<br>

Hi,

Unfortunately you can't use it in the postbit_author_user template, but you can add it to the main postbit/postbit_classic template. You can still get it to be in the right place under the details this way though Smile

Oh no wonder the Like amount wasn't showing up. I just put it into the postbit and it's showed up.

[Image: 325045f272a43aaa1ac3ccfc654457b8.png]

Is there any better way to do this or is this how it's done?

{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_author">
	{$post['useravatar']}
	<div class="author_information">
			<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['usertitle']}<br />
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
	<div class="author_statistics">
		{$post['user_details']}<br>
Likes Received: <a href="{$mybb->settings['burl']}/misc.php?action=post_likes_received_by_user&user_id={$post['uid']}">{$post['likes_received']}</a>{$post['ougc_awards']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_content">
	<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
		<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
		{$post['subject_extra']}
	</div>
	<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['message']}
	</div>

{$post['simplelikes']}
{$post['attachments']}
	{$post['signature']}
	<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
		{$post['iplogged']}
	</div>
</div>
<div class="post_controls">
	<div class="postbit_buttons author_buttons float_left">
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
	</div>
	<div class="postbit_buttons post_management_buttons float_right">
		{$post['button_like']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>

I pasted it in under the OUGC Awards part. 

Thanks again for this plugin. Is there any way to place the Likes Given somewhere?  Smile
(2016-10-14, 07:26 PM)nevieth Wrote: [ -> ]

<br>

Hi,

Oh no wonder the Like amount wasn't showing up. I just put it into the postbit and it's showed up.

{$ignore_bit}
<div class="post {$unapproved_shade}" style="{$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	{$post['useravatar']}
			<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
Likes Received: <a href="{$mybb->settings['burl']}/misc.php?action=post_likes_received_by_user&user_id={$post['uid']}">{$post['likes_received']}</a>{$post['ougc_awards']}
	</div>
</div>
	<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
		<span class="post_date">{$post['postdate']} <span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></span>
		{$post['subject_extra']}
	</div>
		{$post['message']}
	</div>

{$post['simplelikes']}
{$post['attachments']}
	{$post['signature']}
		{$post['iplogged']}
	</div>
</div>
		{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
	</div>
		{$post['button_like']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
	</div>
</div>
</div>

Thanks again for this plugin. Is there any way to place the Likes Given somewhere?  Smile

Yep, that's the way I usually do it Smile

There isn't at the minute, but it's on the list of things I need to eventually get around to when I get enough free time Smile
(2016-10-14, 09:08 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-14, 07:26 PM)nevieth Wrote: [ -> ]

<br>

Hi,

{$ignore_bit}
	{$post['useravatar']}
			<span class="smalltext">
				{$post['userstars']}
				{$post['groupimage']}
			</span>
	</div>
	</div>
</div>
	<div class="post_head">
		{$post['posturl']}
		{$post['icon']}
		{$post['subject_extra']}
	</div>
		{$post['message']}
	</div>

{$post['simplelikes']}
{$post['attachments']}
	{$post['signature']}
		{$post['iplogged']}
	</div>
</div>
	</div>
	</div>
</div>
</div>

Yep, that's the way I usually do it Smile

There isn't at the minute, but it's on the list of things I need to eventually get around to when I get enough free time Smile

Well take your time with updates, you've earned a nice vacation! Smile 

Seriously though this is an amazing plugin and I've used it to completely replace the reputation system.
Quote:Seriously though this is an amazing plugin and I've used it to completely replace the reputation system.
Wish i could like this post Smile

However we kept the rep system ONLY because people liked things from it such as 

1) the fact that the summary of the rep system showed the post in the list (whereas simplelikes only lists out the threads in its summary) as well as the thread

2) the fact that you can post a comment on a rep (But im not sure how you would do that with like anyways...or if it would even work). Its similar to facebook (Which i believe is what its meant to be)

3) You have the option to give negative rep...and no option for a thumbs down. 

If for some reason these were added to simplelikes we would of voted to ditch the rep system 100% for simplelikes.
(2016-10-15, 01:43 AM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Seriously though this is an amazing plugin and I've used it to completely replace the reputation system.
Wish i could like this post Smile

However we kept the rep system ONLY because people liked things from it such as 

1) the fact that the summary of the rep system showed the post in the list (whereas simplelikes only lists out the threads in its summary) as well as the thread

2) the fact that you can post a comment on a rep (But im not sure how you would do that with like anyways...or if it would even work). Its similar to facebook (Which i believe is what its meant to be)

3) You have the option to give negative rep...and no option for a thumbs down. 

If for some reason these were added to simplelikes we would of voted to ditch the rep system 100% for simplelikes.

I can definitely understand the need for the negative reputation/ dislike button. Right now with my small community I think having no dislike button helps, because no one feels like they'll be judged for their opinion. Of course trolls are simply reported and I deal with things that way.

Another good use of reputation is of course the actual comments you can put into your repuation. I don't know how something like that could be replicated on SimpleLikes (or if it even should be attempted), but it's definitely good if you're trying to build a community based around discussion. 

I'm still sticking with SimpleLikes v2 though over the default reputation system. It seems the development team (Euan T) is still quite active with supporting this plugin, which makes it that much more appealing. 

Thanks again Euan T for making this plugin and keeping it updated. I hope I can turn to you in the future if any issues arise.  Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12