MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HotEditor 4.2 WYSIWYG BBCode Editor for MyBB 1.4 Release 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(2008-09-01, 09:01 AM)nucleusfermi Wrote: [ -> ]I had this editor in MyBB1.2 and it would work good but in MyBB1.4 it's not displaying all buttons, I can adjust with others but at least "Size" button should be there, and I think Print Button is not in itself may be, that's okay but at least tell me how to display "Size" option in this editor, thanks for converting it for 1.4

On top of what Auwyn said, the Size drop-down causes a 'message missing' error. I have no clue why this happens and now idea how to fix this. Occasionally, typing in size tags manually will work, but most of the time you'll get the 'please enter a message' error and anything you typed will be erased. I think that using a custom size mycode might work as a temporary solution.
(2008-09-01, 06:17 PM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-01, 09:01 AM)nucleusfermi Wrote: [ -> ]I had this editor in MyBB1.2 and it would work good but in MyBB1.4 it's not displaying all buttons, I can adjust with others but at least "Size" button should be there, and I think Print Button is not in itself may be, that's okay but at least tell me how to display "Size" option in this editor, thanks for converting it for 1.4

On top of what Auwyn said, the Size drop-down causes a 'message missing' error. I have no clue why this happens and now idea how to fix this. Occasionally, typing in size tags manually will work, but most of the time you'll get the 'please enter a message' error and anything you typed will be erased. I think that using a custom size mycode might work as a temporary solution.
And what about other buttons like YouTube, Flash and many more, I am getting only 7-8 selected buttons, nothing else. what mistake I might committed? I pasted all of your modifications cautiously, I had this same editor installed in my previous 1.2 version and was working perfectly alright.
The answer to your question has been posted several times in this thread.

GG-Xtreme Wrote:You can edit richedit/editor.js to add buttons if they work (edit the lines "var toolbar1", "var toolbar2", "var toolbar3", "var textarea_toolbar1", "var textarea_toolbar2", and "var textarea_toolbar3" following the instructions in the comments; you can alse edit the quickreply box by editing the lines "var minibar" and "var textarea_minibar").

There are more detailed instructions earlier in the thread. Go read some.
Quote:The answer to your question has been posted several times in this thread.
Sorry for asking it again, well I do believe it was something which should have been noted in first post itself to avoid such confusions, may be for computers' people it's common Smile Thanks again.
Hello,
I am a bit confused for WYSIWYG editor versions around, I've just installed a one yesterday from here. and new demo for testing here.
Then I've found this thread, any one can give me more hins about both of them and which one is more stable.
Thanks

-later edit-
After searching I've found many WYSIWYG editors around which really makes me confused. Please if any one can help and give more clarifications for which one is really more good and more stable to be used with 1.4.1 that would be too much appreciated.
Thanks
(2008-09-06, 02:54 AM)MGadAllah Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I am a bit confused for WYSIWYG editor versions around, I've just installed a one yesterday from here. and new demo for testing here.
Then I've found this thread, any one can give me more hins about both of them and which one is more stable.
Thanks

-later edit-
After searching I've found many WYSIWYG editors around which really makes me confused. Please if any one can help and give more clarifications for which one is really more good and more stable to be used with 1.4.1 that would be too much appreciated.
Thanks
The one in this thread is technically just a modification of an older editor, and it has a few problems listed on the first post of the thread. Other WYSIWYG editors are probably more stable right now, I just released this as one of the first with a decent amount of features.
(2008-09-06, 05:55 AM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-06, 02:54 AM)MGadAllah Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Thanks

-later edit-
Thanks
The one in this thread is technically just a modification of an older editor, and it has a few problems listed on the first post of the thread. Other WYSIWYG editors are probably more stable right now, I just released this as one of the first with a decent amount of features.

Thanks for replying mate ... Please tell me what is the most stable editor out there that I can reply and depend on for a live board.
Thaks
I can say that the hoteditor mod that GG-Xtreme has updated (in this thread) is a good mod and aside from a couple of quirks, is good and stable. Cant say anything about the others, because I have no need to try them with this mod around.
(2008-09-06, 07:59 AM)Auwyn Wrote: [ -> ]I can say that the hoteditor mod that GG-Xtreme has updated (in this thread) is a good mod and aside from a couple of quirks, is good and stable. Cant say anything about the others, because I have no need to try them with this mod around.
What are the bugs that no one was able to fix so far?
(2008-09-06, 08:00 AM)MGadAllah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-06, 07:59 AM)Auwyn Wrote: [ -> ]I can say that the hoteditor mod that GG-Xtreme has updated (in this thread) is a good mod and aside from a couple of quirks, is good and stable. Cant say anything about the others, because I have no need to try them with this mod around.
What are the bugs that no one was able to fix so far?

Read the 'Known Issues' section in the first post of the thread. The last issue listed only happens rarely, and the third one should be an easy fix. The richtext/plaintext switching issue won't be a problem if you intend to stick to WYSIWYG mode only.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16