MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new shop mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2008-09-05, 03:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]http://whois.domaintools.com/worldmodsinc.com

OMG he is advertising a domain that he hasn't yet registered. Now that's a bad sign.

yeah thats really bad I really just want to buy it for the heck of it.
please dont buy it, the only reason i really want this cash module so bad is that labroccra's needs to be paid for and i am not complaining, although i would do a heck lot of posts to get that module instead, i cant pay for anything, and the other cash modules are in beta mode.
update: well...
such...
doubt in the air wouldnt you say?
Vaporware or not, he's announced he has been working on a plug-in. Leave it at that before most of you possibly screw yourselves out of a plug-in! Many plug-in makers have not left screenshots. There is such a thing as idea stealer's and copycats that can't think for themselves and have to steal.. The same reason I refuse to make themes for MyBB... And there's a few of those types here at MyBB. MyBB didn't even release screenshots until the project was almost at it's end. Give him the same courtesy.

And we have someone here who's got a similar plug-in. So if he's protecting his work until a release that's entirely understandable. There's nothing odd about him asking for MyBB peoples help either... I've seen other plug-in makers here do the same including Labrocca and MyBB itself is hiring an external auditor outside of the developers here... People will ask for help when the task is too complicated or needs specialized attention or lack knowledge in a certain area. And maybe he or the people building the project have a life and that's why it could take a couple of weeks...

Whatever the reason, he is also staying in touch with MyBB Members. That's a looooong way to go to be a fake. Instead of bagging on him, might I suggest someone steps up to answer his calls for help if that's what he needs! If any of you think this is a waste of time, quit posting in this thread then and buy someone else's plug-in! Before treating people like this, maybe some of the community should wonder why we don't have more talented developers at MyBB. I've never seen a community have such a hard time bringing in fresh talent as MyBB. This is not the way to welcome any coder.
(2008-09-05, 11:15 PM)dweng Wrote: [ -> ]i didnt get a word of what you are saying, sorry,

Learn to read between the lines!
ROFL i loved that, literally between the lines

AHAH
(2008-09-05, 10:06 PM)pickleman9686 Wrote: [ -> ]update: well...
such...

I like how you edited out the link in your signature to the domain you haven't registered yet. Good show.
(2008-09-06, 12:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-05, 10:06 PM)pickleman9686 Wrote: [ -> ]update: well...
such...

I like how you edited out the link in your signature to the domain you haven't registered yet. Good show.

If you have a problem with the user, PM him or turn it into the mods. Quit antagonizing the situation and starting trouble.
(2008-09-04, 06:12 AM)incadudeF Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-04, 05:45 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-04, 02:09 AM)Tabbie Wrote: [ -> ]Vapourware? whats that?
Nvm...Maybe..and its spelt Vaporware not vapourware.

You do realize that different parts of the world spell words differently?

As in, America spells it "vapor" and the rest of the world spells it "vapour".

FYI, if you want to use Americanized spellings, it's "spelled", not "spelt". Wink

I think that was supposed to be a joke...

Im kinda questioning this mod. I dont think i would install it anyway. Zinga makes secure plugins. I think ill wait for his update to myplaza (even if its going to be awhile).

In Canada its Vapor and spelt.
hemi is basically right ...if this kid wants to blow smoke up our arses then who cares...

If he ever releases then great...if not...well...then he won't.

If I was him...I would simply delete this thread.
hemi, everyone hear is entitled to their own opinion, just like you've posted yours in the lengthy post up above!

You're certainly entitled to believe what you want, but for me, I'm finding it very hard to believe anything about this post thread, the actual mod/plug in sounds awesome, almost too good to be true, and I'm guessing that's just what we're going to be waiting to see! Also, I've read that this "creator" has done work for other forum software.....I'd be very intrigued to see some of this, surely it's posted somewhere on the internet!

Quote:I've never seen a community have such a hard time bringing in fresh talent as MyBB. This is not the way to welcome any coder.

So you're saying that whenever someone new posts a mod/plug in, they get a hard time? I really haven't seen that, I've seen folks show their appreciation for efforts....But back to this post thread, there's no talent showing for anyone to give a hard time since the mod hasn't been created yet!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15