MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new shop mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
labrocca, MyPS is pretty good, but I am fans of shops. So, if you can add a shop to yours, that'd be awesome.
(2008-09-06, 01:45 AM)Tabbie Wrote: [ -> ]In Canada its Vapor and spelt.

Spelt is correct. However, it is spelled "vapour" in Canada.

(I use "spelled" out of personal preference.)
most people here in red deer use vapor.
(2008-09-06, 02:30 AM)Tabbie Wrote: [ -> ]most people here in red deer use vapor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_di...our.2C_-or
(2008-09-06, 01:56 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]hemi, everyone hear is entitled to their own opinion, just like you've posted yours in the lengthy post up above!

You're certainly entitled to believe what you want, but for me, I'm finding it very hard to believe anything about this post thread, the actual mod/plug in sounds awesome, almost too good to be true, and I'm guessing that's just what we're going to be waiting to see! Also, I've read that this "creator" has done work for other forum software.....I'd be very intrigued to see some of this, surely it's posted somewhere on the internet!

Quote:I've never seen a community have such a hard time bringing in fresh talent as MyBB. This is not the way to welcome any coder.

So you're saying that whenever someone new posts a mod/plug in, they get a hard time? I really haven't seen that, I've seen folks show their appreciation for efforts....But back to this post thread, there's no talent showing for anyone to give a hard time since the mod hasn't been created yet!

1st off, no one said you weren't entitled to an opinion. Opinions however are like a**holes. Everyone has one. Is it a constructive opinion or is it a vindictive one is the point. If it's vindictive your hurting the community. If a mod maker that never visited here before sees this post, do you think he will be inclined to help the community or back-off from it? You only hurt the community with negative attacking posts. That's not what MyBB needs. The competition is waaaay to heavy for that and we need coders.

Quote:So you're saying that whenever someone new posts a mod/plug in, they get a hard time?
That's not what I'm saying! Read above. The community size here is small compared to other softwares paid or not paid. That needs to grow. Respect goes a looong way whether people admit it or not. It also puts you head and shoulders above the norm and makes you stand out and it makes a better community for all.

As far as yelling, no one here is yelling! Your being asked to knock it off so we can be a professional respectful community to all. I will always defend the developers, coders and MyBB. That will never change. I have too many years invested with community and software. So I will say when I feel threads have gone too dis-respectful. Especially to someone who has offered to help/donate to MyBB.

Labrocca summed it up and said it best in his post imo.

I learned a long time ago, negative posts bring back just that, negative posts.

Regards
(2008-09-06, 01:58 AM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]labrocca, MyPS is pretty good, but I am fans of shops. So, if you can add a shop to yours, that'd be awesome.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1226.html

That's a thread from May. The project list hasn't changed. A full featured shop add-on for myps will eventually be available.
put an exclamation mark after "yelling" that was very convincing. lol but the point i was saying is not yelling, i mean like, no one here is directly insulting or doing anything to pickleman, we can all agree that its going be quite a special mod. we are just getting a bit suspicious that there may not really be a module after all. Of course there may really be and its just our patience that is testing us.
(2008-09-06, 03:03 AM)dweng Wrote: [ -> ]put an exclamation mark after "yelling" that was very convincing. lol but the point i was saying is not yelling, i mean like, no one here is directly insulting or doing anything to pickleman, he has promised this mod for at least a month. we can all agree on that. we are just getting a bit suspicious that there may not really be a module after all. Of course there may really be and its just our patience that is testing us.

Just like with MyBB 1.4, when it's ready it's ready Smile I waited for 1.4 for a long time. Yet I never took it out on the MyBB team. Instead, I helped Beta test, report bugs etc... and do what I could do to help the project progress as fast as it could. Smile You can't control those types of issues (release dates) just not possible.

Regards

PS-Caps are yelling, not exclamation points Wink
Ahhh, but pickleman gave us release dates. Mybb did not. The reason mybb does not give a release date is because they do not know. Pickleman made it seem like his mod was pretty much done. He should easily be able to give a screenshot. I know other modifiers didn't do this, but we didn't feel like asking them for it because we obviously never thought they might be tricking us. This mod came out a little more suspicious because of everything that went on with the delay. Is it wrong to ask for a screenshot?
i never took it out on pickleman, ya know... i just asked a few questions politely and so did the others. well at least you made an improvement with the mood lol your using smilie faces now. no more mr. grouchy. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15