MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: new shop mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2008-09-05, 03:21 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-05, 02:05 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]My question is will it work along side MYPS?

Doubtful since MYPS appears to have everything their plugin does and more. At least compared to their feature list I have seen so far.

Well it did in v 1.2. I couldn't find any of the additions for 1.4, so I thought they hadn't come yet. Am I just blind though? Lol
(2008-09-05, 02:05 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]From the sounds of what I heard before I believe it will be free.

My question is will it work along side MYPS?

What have you heard that leads you to believe this thing is free? Because I've just read through this whole post thread, and saw nothing to suggest that it's free or not!

Like others here too, I find it most ironic that there is so far nothing to show the work involved in this, ie. screenshots of what's been so far created (by the way, another thing that was suggested many pages ago, was this post thread being in the "Developement" forum). It's also kinda ironic that despite the fact the creator here has a business creating forum software (mods/plug ins/whatever) for other forum software (I believe phpBB was mentioned) there's nothing along the lines of a link shown here, that'd give us any idea of the kind of plug ins/mods already created by the company.
(2008-09-05, 03:33 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-05, 03:21 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-05, 02:05 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]My question is will it work along side MYPS?

Doubtful since MYPS appears to have everything their plugin does and more. At least compared to their feature list I have seen so far.

Well it did in v 1.2. I couldn't find any of the additions for 1.4, so I thought they hadn't come yet. Am I just blind though? Lol

Yes for 1.2x those features are available but for 1.4 only core myps is released. I have a lot planned but I release things in parts instead of one giant plugin (100 pages?). I prefer a simpler approach and also it means others can make addons for myps or even plugins that hook into it. I have hooks in myps.

And I agree with Lufbra...there should be SOMETHING to show. Vaporware is common let's hope they actually do come out with this release. Seems weird though that now he is asking for developers and plugin authors to help him.
I'd never really heard of vaporware before, but after a quick look at Wikipedia just now and the fact that this "project" may take 2 days-2 weeks to complete, I'm now thinking vaporware all the way baby!! Toungue
How can we take this guy seriously? Sure, if he showed a screenshot of it in action or something, sure I would. But I think he is building your hopes up to crash them. I mean, who puts money into making a plugin!?
Who has a link in your sig if you've not even bought the domain yet?

I'd buy it just to be a jerk if I believed you had any intention of using it.
I'm starting to believe that this is not true.
I was actually the first to suggest that it might be fake guys, but lets give him a chance. We should all understand that there is a chance no work is done, or only some work is done. If you check the site, everything seems to be in the beginning stages. I don't really even see anyone else around. With all this the only way we can see if it is completely fake is to wait 2 more weeks.

As far as being free, they were going to release it on phpbb 3. As far as I remember from when I use to use phpbb, their members are a lot less willing to pay anything for mods than we are. Unless they were custom done.
http://whois.domaintools.com/worldmodsinc.com

OMG he is advertising a domain that he hasn't yet registered. Now that's a bad sign.
how can a bug take 2 weeks to fix ??
I am making a Shell for the PSP which has more than 40 000 lines now and more than 50 files.
The max a bug took me to fix was 3 days and a half day. I could not even load my program. I needed to search in those lines what was wrong. How can a bug take 2 weeks to fix!? specially when it's a team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15