MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to MyBB Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
ll jdmeg222 ll Wrote:hmm did a search and found my error I think.

When you import the attachments over from PHPBB even though it is smaller than the size you requested in ACP it makes it a thumbnail.

Like the max image dimension that I will allow is 640 x 480 and maybe some of the pictures i imported from PHPBB are bigger. When i went to go and try to make a dummy post with an attachment that was smaller than 640 x 480 it posted the full size. So I think it was just a matter of importing the images.

Ok just one more question and I will be out of you hair. I had images that were from Photo Bucket that cannot be displayed anymore. Can I get more information on why they wont show up in posts?

I import data 1:1. So if your phpbb images are bigger than in mybb you need to allow also the same size like in mybb. Thumbnails are generated in mybb default size.

I can't handle each little setting to transform to mybb. So I write you need to doublecheck all settings in myBB ACP.

I don't know photobucket. But if the images are included with img tag they should be displayed. Else some of your settings are wrong with bb code.

The convertor is updated so it uses the Max Attachment Thumb size from MyBB settings.
where can i check the settings for bb code to see why the images cannot be displayed correctly.

It is really weird bc if i post one picture from Photo Bucket it will display properly but if i post more than one i will get a error box from Photo Bucket saying that the image has moved or does not exist.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?
Hi,

I've tried your converter.

Found 3 errors :

1. Hidden forums aren't still hiden after conversion
2. Moved topics appear as locked and i'ts written when you click on it (insteed of being redirected) "The specified thread does not exist."
3. Trying to convert attachment (have 50 on my forum) takes so much times that the browser drop de request (I've tried it on Firefox, IE and locally at the webserver and none of these have worked)

I think it will be nice when done
also, groups aren't converted
killerfrog Wrote:3. Trying to convert attachment (have 50 on my forum) takes so much times that the browser drop de request (I've tried it on Firefox, IE and locally at the webserver and none of these have worked)

If you're on an apache server, this is easily worked around.

Create a file called .htaccess in your mybb folder. In that file place the following line: php_value max_execution_time 180. It's the script that's timing out, not the browser. If the value of 180 doesn't work, set it higher, but that *should* work. Most hosts set their max_execution_time at 30 (seconds), which probably isn't long enough to convert 50+ attachments over from your phpBB board.
http://mybb.maxilose.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=2

Currently I ask me why I installed an support board with guest post allowed if noone can read.

For now on I ignore this thread permanently
how using this?
Converter link appears to be not working.
LoRd_SnOw Wrote:Converter link appears to be not working.
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=8681 Wink
Link did not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17