MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to MyBB Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Does anyone have mybb 1.1.1 ?
if someone could PM me a version of this converter it would be appreciated. I will see what I can do about getting it to convert to MyBB1.2
black ice Wrote:Does anyone have mybb 1.1.1 ?

since the (old) EULA doesn't allow it, noone can give you what you want.
but there is a magic trick! (taataa Wink)
go to the download section of this website, copy the download link and replace the 43 (or whatever there will be) with 34. (yeah, I could just post the f***ing link, but this way is more fun Wink)
But don't tell anyone! They aren't happy when you use old versions of mybb...
Hmm I need a BBCode that makes content invisible to the admins and mods Big Grin
You know whats funner than making people doing it the long way?

Its spoiling the fun by posting the quick way!! Big Grin http://mybboard.com/downloads/?action=re...2&type=zip
woohoo I'm impressed Rolleyes

But it doesn't do the trick Sad I tried to convert my Board with 140k Posts in it, everything is fine now (after a few problems, like duplicate threads), but I can't access the acp.
everything seems to be fine, just like it happened to "black ice".

Sad
FINALLY!

I got the problem and nailed it on the wall (sorry for writing such bullshit, here in germany it is 5:00 am, so I#m realy tired and freaked out ...)!

The problem was in the cookie settings.
So I edited in the table mybb_settings (gid = 9) the cookie settings AND in the file inc/settings.php the cookiesettings. I don't know what the important part was, so I would say one have to edit the cookie thing on both places.
poilf, could you be a little more specific about what exacly I should edit in mybb_settings and settings.php?  
Hmm ok.

So the problem are the cookie settings.
The cookie domain have to be the actual domain (eg when the url is "http://forum.domain.com/mybb/" the cookie domain should be "forum.domain.com" and the cookie path "/mybb/")

first step: in the table mybb_settings you have to search for the entries with the gid = 9 (SELECT * FROM mybb_settings WHERE gid = 9) and edit the two entrys to what I wrote above.
second step: in the file /inc/settings.php there seems to be a copy of what is in the table maybb_settings. So you have to edit it. Just search for "cookie" and you will find the two relevant lines.
Indeed, that was it. Thanks poilf.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17