MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ProStats (Professional statistics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
I'm not comfortable giving out those sort of details or giving people access to my server, so i'll guess if we can't find a suitable solution that can be posted, i'll just go back to 1.7.5 as this works on my board.
I decided to use the plugin, tried 1.8, then 1.9.1, then 1.8 again - nothing works. Here are the symptoms:

With 1.9.1 I have the same problem as adbrad - the settings are not showing in the Admin panel.

With 1.8 it is all OK in the admin panel, but the plugin is not working (nothing shows neither in the header or the footer), although I have modified the templates according to the instructions in the first post of this thread.

I notice that ProStats templates do NOT appear in the Global templates list.

Also, when I uninstall the plugin from the admin panel, it writes "The selected plugin has been uninstalled successfully", but in the plugin list the ProStats plugin remains to appear with "Activate" and "Uninstall" options.

I also tried the "psremover" with 1.9.1, but it does not work - does not remove the files.

I am running MyBB 1.6.4.
(2011-08-02, 03:15 PM)Maechlis Wrote: [ -> ]I also tried the "psremover" with 1.9.1, but it does not work - does not remove the files.

So it seems totally normal because it wasn't supposed to delete the files! It would clean up your database and make it ready for new installations. I'd suggest you don't install version 1.8 again because it can kind of mess installation process up! Install 1.9.1 or 1.7.* instead.

I've never experienced this problem in none of my websites. So I can't benefit from normal debugging methods. I have to guess what's happening there and I'm not sure it'd work.
Quote:So it seems totally normal because it wasn't supposed to delete the files!

ОК then, I was slightly mistaken on how it is intended to work.

Thanks for the recommendations, will re-install 1.9.1 and wait for the solution of the "settings" issue! Will also check if the ProStats templates are there for 1.9.1.

UPD

Well, I now cleaned 1.8 (used remover, then deleted the files) and re-installed 1.9.1. The findings are as follows:

1) The ProStats templates ARE there (unlike with 1.8)

2) No settings are available for the plugin in the AdminCP. Clicking the "settings" link in the plugin description yields "No settings were found for the specified search phrase."

3) The settings.php file was NOT modified upon the plugin activation (this perhaps explains why there are no settings in the AdminCP)

4) No ProStats block appears neither in the header nor the footer of the Forum - this maybe because something is yet turned off in the (virtual & inaccessible) settings.

Please first uninstall your current version of ProStats, then run psremover.php once and then upload and install this modified version of the plugin:
[attachment=23646]

You would probably need to reinstall (uninstall and then install) it once.
Done as suggested. With 1.9.2 the situation is the same - no access to settings. In phpmyadmin I observe that nothing adds to the settinggroups table.

Another problem also remains - the plugin can not be "uninstalled" in the MyBB sense, i.e. on clicking "Uninstall" the AdminCP writes "The selected plugin has been uninstalled successfully", but in the plugin list the ProStats plugin remains to appear with "Activate" and "Uninstall" options.

The server runs PHP 5.2.17 - maybe this helps...
Please use this file:
[attachment=23651]

Run this query (in phpMyAdmin) while ProStats is installed and activated:

SELECT * FROM `mybb_settinggroups` WHERE name='prostats'

As you probably know, it would tell you if there's a settings group for ProStats or not.

P.S. If your database tables' prefix is not "mybb", first edit the query (replace "mybb" with your prefix)
Also please tell me what do you get when you run this query:

SELECT * FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE `title`='plugins'

Have performed the operations (cleared the previous installation with the remover, then uploaded the new file). Note that I actually can not "install" the plugin, because it appears with "Uninstall" link initially, and clicking this link does not change into "Install". I can only activate/deactivate.

Will send the results of the queries via the PM. The first query returns null in any case.

All external symptoms remain the same: no settings access etc.
I'm sorry for bothering you Maechlis. Please try one more time with this new file:
[attachment=23660]
You are very much welcome, we all know that user feedback is essential for the development process.

This time it works, the results are as follows:

1) Upon having been uploaded, the new version appears with the "Install & Activate" option in the plugin list.

2) Upon clicking "Install & Activate", the plugin installs successfully.

HOWEVER:

a) upon completion of this operation the user is taken to the settings window at once (instead of remaining in the plugin list window)

b) if I am currently not logged in as admin in the Forum, upon completion of "Install & Activate" i get the popup:

Quote:You are logged in AdminCP but not in your forum. Please login there with current user and then come back and refresh this page.

This popup also appears any time I access the settings by clicking the link "Settings" in the plugin description or by browsing to the Settings section of the AdminCP (if at the same time I am not logged as admin in the Forum).

3) The settings are available, both by browsing to the Settings section of the AdminCP and by following the link in the plugin description (the actual availability of settings does not depend on whether I am logged as admin in the Forum or not).

4) The prostats block is shown in the Forum.

5) Upon clicking "Uninstall" the display changes to "Install & Activate".

I have not investigated the details further up to now, will post here of any other bugs found.

Well, figured out that the popup is related to floatstats (I was using IE8, where floatstats does not work, but it works in Opera).

So IMO only the issue with the instant jump to the settings remains, which is not critical. Thanks SaeedGh for your work & support.

Above in this thread I read about the idea of adding "top rated" section to the stats block. Some admins report that the thread rating feature itself is not very popular among their users. However, this is not always the case. The rating feature is very popular whenever the principle "one thread -> one thing" is in place.

For example, I run a forum, which is principally targeted at music discussions. There I have a subforum dedicated to the albums discussions exclusively. Inside it, I have one thread for Metallica*Load discussion, another thread for Iron Maiden*Killers discussion, and so on. Thus, rating the threads, users express their rating of the corresponding albums, which is pretty similar to RateYourMusic, for example. I have also separate subforums for discussion of books, games etc., which are also rated in the similar fashion.

Hence, in my (and similar) cases it would be great to have an option of having, say, a "Top rated albums" cell in ProStats. To implement this, we would need to be able to customize the forum id (or id's), from which the threads are to be selected, and also to customize the cell title. Ideally, there could be several customizable cells.

Meshing all "top rated" threads into a single ProStats cell will perhaps be too chaotic, because discussions are usually specifically clustered with the help of (sub-)forums, and it makes little sense to output together top-rated threads from, say, such sub-forums as "News" and "Tech Support".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42