MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page Manager - Create and manage additional pages!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(2010-07-26, 09:08 AM)Technoman Wrote: [ -> ]with this I dont need to add a forum for this to work

Correct. You can create stand alone pages.

(2010-07-26, 09:08 AM)Technoman Wrote: [ -> ]I can create a whole brand new page in PHP or HTML

Correct

(2010-07-26, 09:08 AM)Technoman Wrote: [ -> ]point to it somewhere in my forum

Correct. It's up to you to set a link to your pages.

(2010-07-26, 09:08 AM)Technoman Wrote: [ -> ]it has the option of selecting my template to look like the my forum

Correct. You can use HTML only and the "Template Mode" or you can use PHP to load the MyBB template/style.

(2010-07-26, 09:08 AM)Technoman Wrote: [ -> ]I dont need to create an extra forum where this will create brand spanking new pages all together correct?

You don't need to create an forum. If you want an automatic overview of all your pages for your users, you can create a PHP page (with this plugin) which lists all Page Manager pages.

(2010-07-26, 09:08 AM)Technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Also this takes the permission we select of it from our forum just like a normal permissions set on the actual forum?

It's up to you to set permissions for pages.
Wow, that was quick! Excellent responce..
How does this work with the Google SEO URL plugin installed?
(2010-07-29, 03:07 PM)jmeeter Wrote: [ -> ]How does this work with the Google SEO URL plugin installed?

Exact the same way. Wink Both plugins can work together without problems.
This plugin have a problem:

Something hasn't been updated if you've still got the / in the URL.

1.4 style: ./admin/index.php?module=config/pagemanager
1.6 style: ./admin/index.php?module=config-pagemanager

and below lines in the file :
	Line 219: 		'link'=>'index.php?module=config/pagemanager'
	Line 242: 		'link'=>'index.php?module=config/pagemanager',
	Line 248: 		'link'=>'index.php?module=config/pagemanager&action=add',
	Line 254: 		'link'=>'index.php?module=config/pagemanager&action=import',
	Line 622: 		'link'=>'index.php?module=config/pagemanager&action=edit&pid='.$pages['pid'],

If it's only this one specific location that has the error then the plugin isn't 1.6 compatible.

Thanks,
MyBB 1.6 also understands the / scheme in Admin CP so it is compatible. I will change the URL scheme in Page Manager 1.6 which will come with cool new features like creating real PHP pages with an assistant or the ability to use 'quick functions' (helps you to build PHP pages in a faster way). Stay tuned! Toungue
If you're interested, I've hacked the install script so it also creates a proper table when using PostgreSQL as database.

// MySQL bit

} else if($db->engine == 'pgsql')
	{
		$db->query("CREATE TABLE \"".TABLE_PREFIX."pages\" (
  \"pid\" SERIAL,
  \"name\" varchar(120) NOT NULL default '',
  \"url\" varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
  \"framework\" int NOT NULL default '0',
  \"template\" text NOT NULL,
  \"online\" int NOT NULL default '1',
  \"enabled\" int NOT NULL default '1',
  \"dateline\" bigint NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (\"pid\"),
  UNIQUE (\"url\")
)".$db->build_create_table_collation());
	}
After installing and activating it, i get this message when i try to access the Page Manager

Quote:Access Denied

You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

I am logged in admin account .

Edit :

Thats weird,
I can acccess via the first admin account i had created while installing mybb but can't via the other admin made later.

Just check into it.
hi ive installed it in my forums..i got error with the version compatibility,so i edit the version from 16* to 14* then activate it(done)..but when i access its configuration nothing appears.just the acp home tab....
(2010-11-11, 04:05 PM)ralphskie Wrote: [ -> ]hi ive installed it in my forums..i got error with the version compatibility,so i edit the version from 16* to 14* then activate it(done)..but when i access its configuration nothing appears.just the acp home tab....

The latest version of Page Manager requires MyBB 1.6 - for a reason I set the version compatibility to 16*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22