MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page Manager - Create and manage additional pages!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Work on version 1.4 comes to the end! Smile
There was a version 1.3 but this one I never published.
  • Includes a sophisticated import and export function! "Share pages with other people!" Wink
  • Added "MyBB Template system". If you activate this option on a page MyBB header and footer will be included automatically.
  • Includes highlight function on page overview. So you can see easily which page you add/edit/import recently.

But I have one little problem... English is not my native language and maybe there are some mistakes in language file. Please could somebody check the attached language file for (embarrassing) mistakes? After that I will release the new version. Toungue
The file looks fine to me.
Great job!
I think this could be changed:
Type here your page content.

This might be better:
Type your page content here.

It makes a little more sense.
Thanks Nickman! Smile

I updated the plugin on Mod section.

To update from a previous version overwrite plugin file and reinstall plugin (reactivating isn't enough!).
Please note that you will loose every page when reinstalling!
You can export your pages before reinstalling to save them. It's no problem to import them again after a fresh reinstall! Smile
Very useful, adding to my forum now.
I'm a little bit confused: Nearly all comments in this thread are positive, but thread rating is only 2.6/5 (rating on mod site is 4/5). Are there any errors or problems with this plugin? It would be nice if those critics say what's the problem with Page Manager. I promise I'll have a look on all criticisms and maybe I can improve the plugin with new ideas etc.
(2010-01-17, 03:43 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a little bit confused: Nearly all comments in this thread are positive, but thread rating is only 2.6/5 (rating on mod site is 4/5). Are there any errors or problems with this plugin? It would be nice if those critics say what's the problem with Page Manager. I promise I'll have a look on all criticisms and maybe I can improve the plugin with new ideas etc.
Some people do not rate threads but they comment...

I love the new 1.4 version!!!
Suggestion:
Bellow the Page Name in the ACP>Page Manager you could add the SEO link for the page too.
(2010-01-17, 05:46 PM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion:
Bellow the Page Name in the ACP>Page Manager you could add the SEO link for the page too.

That's a good idea and already wanted to include this. The problem is that I cannot know which SEO rewrite rule someone added in .htaccess (or another web server configuration file).

Maybe most users will use something like http://example.net/Page-PageName. But if someone use http://example.net/mybbpages-PageName it's not possible to figure out this.
If somebody have an idea how how to figure out the rewrite rule (not only with Apache web server), please let me know.
(2010-01-17, 06:33 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-17, 05:46 PM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion:

That's a good idea and already wanted to include this. The problem is that I cannot know which SEO rewrite rule someone added in .htaccess (or another web server configuration file).

Maybe most users will use something like http://example.net/Page-PageName. But if someone use http://example.net/mybbpages-PageName it's not possible to figure out this.
If somebody have an idea how how to figure out the rewrite rule (not only with Apache web server), please let me know.
Ahh.. Yes, I forgot about it.
But I think that with some codes you can check the .htaccess that the person is using and add the right code for it. But I think its too many work..
Smile
(2010-01-17, 06:33 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]If somebody have an idea how how to figure out the rewrite rule (not only with Apache web server), please let me know.

It's not possible, you can only do it the other way around: let the user configure what URL he wants and tell him what to add to .htaccess to make it work. At least that's how Google SEO does it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22