MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page Manager - Create and manage additional pages!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(2010-01-17, 09:16 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It's not possible, you can only do it the other way around: let the user configure what URL he wants and tell him what to add to .htaccess to make it work. At least that's how Google SEO does it.

Yeah thats the only way. I see... If I implement this I have to give more support on a working SEO solution than Page Manager itself. ("SEO pages not working!"; "How can I edit .htaccess?"; "I wonder if it's possible to change SEO link structure?"; ...) Rolleyes
(2010-01-17, 09:29 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-17, 09:16 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]It's not possible, you can only do it the other way around: let the user configure what URL he wants and tell him what to add to .htaccess to make it work. At least that's how Google SEO does it.

Yeah thats the only way. I see... If I implement this I have to give more support on a working SEO solution than Page Manager itself. ("SEO pages not working!"; "How can I edit .htaccess?"; "I wonder if it's possible to change SEO link structure?"; ...) Rolleyes
You could use the feature that Google SEO use...
When you forgot to add something into the .htaccess it tells you to add the correct rule by the plugin's page>Google SEO.
Since you don't automatically link to the pages anywhere, it's fine to leave that up to the user.

Instead let's concentrate on improving your plugin.

If I understand your current solution correctly, it's either anything + html + php but you have to do everything yourself, or header + footer by the plugin but you can use only html no php anymore.

is that right?

It would be nice if it was like posting, i.e. you have an input field and below that checkboxes:

[ ] MyBB design?
[ ] Allow HTML?
[ ] Allow PHP?

If you don't enable any of them, you end up with a plain text page (may be useful for code?)
If you enable MyBB design only, you end up with a plain text page in MyBB header+footer.
If you enable HTML, you end up with a HTML page.
If you enable HTML and MyBB design, you end up with HTML content wrapped by MyBB header+footer.
If you enable PHP, you can include snippets of PHP code into the page.
...etc...

Very powerful, but lots of work to implement I guess... add attachments to that and... oh I'll better shut up now. Smile
(2010-01-17, 09:46 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Since you don't automatically link to the pages anywhere, it's fine to leave that up to the user.

Instead let's concentrate on improving your plugin.

If I understand your current solution correctly, it's either anything + html + php but you have to do everything yourself, or header + footer by the plugin but you can use only html no php anymore.

is that right?

It would be nice if it was like posting, i.e. you have an input field and below that checkboxes:

[ ] MyBB design?
[ ] Allow HTML?
[ ] Allow PHP?

If you don't enable any of them, you end up with a plain text page (may be useful for code?)
If you enable MyBB design only, you end up with a plain text page in MyBB header+footer.
If you enable HTML, you end up with a HTML page.
If you enable HTML and MyBB design, you end up with HTML content wrapped by MyBB header+footer.
If you enable PHP, you can include snippets of PHP code into the page.
...etc...

Very powerful, but lots of work to implement I guess... add attachments to that and... oh I'll better shut up now. Smile
The 1.4 version have this feature.
"[ ] MyBB design?"
It's very hard to use MyBB Template system and PHP at the same time. So I decided to not parse page content with PHP when MyBB Template system is in use.

Maybe I'll work out a solution in future release. When I unterstand how to use eval() in eval() completely (and get no problems with double and/or single quotes). It is a very very strange thing in PHP programming... Dodgy
If you need eval in eval, better not do it. That'd be ugly. Sorry for bringing it up.
Thank-you for this plug-in. It works great, and really helps my forum.

~Lukas
Now that I think of it, this will be very useful for remotely hosted forums. They can't upload files, so this really is nice.
Can someone help me. I downloaded it..now what. I can't find it on my plugins page.
(2010-01-17, 11:29 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Now that I think of it, this will be very useful for remotely hosted forums. They can't upload files, so this really is nice.

Would be dangerous to allow them to use PHP though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22