MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Merge Modules Being Added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2011-09-23, 09:23 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Delete the original merge folder.

Create a new folder called 'merge' in the same folder where MyBB is located.

Checkout from here: http://svn.mybboard.net/mybb-import/trunk/

I've done that, and all that happens is a blank page when merging usergroups.
Blech, thats not good at all.
Elite, PM me with URL, database access, ftp access, and MyBB ACP access for your sites and I'll check things out.
(2011-09-25, 03:06 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Blech, thats not good at all.
Elite, PM me with URL, database access, ftp access, and MyBB ACP access for your sites and I'll check things out.

I haven't tried it online, been doing it on localhost. Want me to try it online then if it doesn't work to send you the above requested info?
(2011-09-25, 08:23 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-25, 03:06 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Blech, thats not good at all.

I haven't tried it online, been doing it on localhost. Want me to try it online then if it doesn't work to send you the above requested info?

Yes please, I've recently updated the merge system instructions on the wiki as well (last night) because not enough people are backing up the MyBB database before starting. Make sure you do that on your actual online MyBB. Thanks Wink
Sorry, but how does one use the IPB3 module? Is it already in the MyBB Merge system? Or do I have to download/install some sort of add-on?

I have an IPB3 board I'd like converted to MyBB.
You have to use the SVN.
[wiki]DevelopmentConfusedVN_Access[/wiki]

But be aware, this is only a beta and not everything is fully functional.
Have there been any recent updates to the vBulletin 4 side of things? I checked out the SVN repository and the latest updates were made around 2 days ago.

I'd love to be able to move from vBulletin 4.0.8 to the latest version of MYBB.

Perhaps there are ways to do so manually that are outlined in a support thread?
I haven't done a whole lot with vB4 other than the basic module. I still need a midsized or larger db to work with, and everyone who says they'll provide one doesn't. So... sorry, no progress. :|
(2012-01-10, 01:21 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't done a whole lot with vB4 other than the basic module. I still need a midsized or larger db to work with, and everyone who says they'll provide one doesn't. So... sorry, no progress. :|

That's unfortunate.

I believe I may be able to help with providing a database for you to work with...I have a vBulletin 4.0.8 forum that is run under a leased agreement, but I have access to the vBulletin files as well as the database tables etc.

The forum is car club orientated, has 61 members, 1000+ posts and nearly 200 threads if this suits the criteria you are after...

Let me know what you need...
Nick
(2012-01-10, 08:10 PM)NPOC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-10, 01:21 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't done a whole lot with vB4 other than the basic module. I still need a midsized or larger db to work with, and everyone who says they'll provide one doesn't. So... sorry, no progress. :|

That's unfortunate.

I believe I may be able to help with providing a database for you to work with...I have a vBulletin 4.0.8 forum that is run under a leased agreement, but I have access to the vBulletin files as well as the database tables etc.

The forum is car club orientated, has 61 members, 1000+ posts and nearly 200 threads if this suits the criteria you are after...

Let me know what you need...
Nick

That should work just fine. Put it a backup of the db somewhere that I can download it from, and post the download link the Private Inquiries forum. Once I download it I'll post back in that thread so you can remove it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15