MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Merge Modules Being Added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
If you've already imported the SMF into the Vanilla, then do not import them both to MyBB or you will have duplicates.

Even though Vanilla isn't on the current TODO (lets face it, demand isn't there for Vanilla) you can always hire someone to make it for you. I do them on the side (Thats how I got started on the team as the merge dev, I did wowBB/wowClassic/UltraBB and SMF2 as paid work for others), and several other people do them as well. I'm currently busy... but Vanilla is pretty simple so I could probably squeeze it in on as a weekend job. Let me know if you're interested in that by PMing me. Otherwise, you can try and drum up enough support for it to be added to the list... where it would be in 4th place (IPB3, vB4, WBB Lite is the current list for the official system).
Yeh, I understand that its not very important as its got low demand. It's OK, I will stick with just transferring from SMF first as that is most important.

If I have time, I'll see if I write a script to transfer data over from Vanilla, but I probably won't do it in the end as it won't be worth it I don't think.

But thanks for your help Smile
I was running the merge last night and I just got ...

Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! in C:\wamp\www\******\******\merge\resources\class_debug.php on line 99

What do i do?
Hello Dylan,

I tried the latest version of the merge system last night with the ipb 3 beta module to a new version of MyBB 1.6.6, the new forum installed fine, merge system started fine. Preconfigure database successfully, usergroups reported successful but on the third step, users, it would stop the merge and report "the service is unavailable."

unfortunately I can't get the debug error log at this time but will provide any additional details tonight.
reported unsuccessful in what way?
Sorry, using my phone and the post submitted prematurely but I have edited it to finish.
This is an issue with your host. You can try lowering the number to process, but usually this is caused by a poorly configured MySQL server.
(2012-02-28, 04:08 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]This is an issue with your host. You can try lowering the number to process, but usually this is caused by a poorly configured MySQL server.

I did a fresh install of 1.6.6 database install and tried the process over and limiting the number of users to import at a time to only ten. Same error which appears immediately after pressing the next button. From past experience trying to merge to much information at once generally tries to process and times out or outputs a memory error.

I am now at home and can provide any additional information, to start I have a copy of the debug logs table here and a copy of mysql configuration here.

This is only a test forum I use so it's relatively small (15.6mb) and I would assume the mysql memory allocation is practical.
It isn't an out of memory error, it is something else wrong with the MySQL server. I suggest downloading XAMPP or WAMP and doing the conversion on your localhost install of that. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try some alternatives.
I think is very important add merge for simple press forum, the forum for wp I think is very important add this
(2012-02-29, 06:33 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't an out of memory error, it is something else wrong with the MySQL server. I suggest downloading XAMPP or WAMP and doing the conversion on your localhost install of that. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try some alternatives.

I'm using IIS for educational purpose so switching to Apache isn't an option for me, however I installed a copy locally and then copied over the additional options from wamp to my other mysql configuration and was successful for awhile. As soon as I opened the converter it took off were I had left off and started working flawlessly on the users. I got all the way down to the moderator conversion and it immediately halted and displayed "the service is unavailable."

Edit: I went back to the merge index and select some other things to run and was successful in everything except for the following modules: Moderators, Settings and Attachments.

Any further suggestions Dylan?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15