MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Merge Modules Being Added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Wonderful news.

Do you have a timeline yet on when it might be available?
I'm trying for a beta by my birthday now, since we had so many delays. Thats January 6th.
Happy Birthday... a little early!

Should we look for your post here when it's released?
Or keep an eye on the svn. For example, there is a beta version of the bbPress module in the svn trunk right now.
Sorry, I'm new... "svn?"... "svn trunk?"

I'm not familiar with these terms.
It's a repository, where the code is held.
http://dev.mybb.com/

It allows for version management as well as a central location for all developers to look at the code.

SVN Trunk is basically the main files on the Subversion (SVN)
Thanks. I'll keep watch!
I am really looking forward to the new modules.

I tried to merge from IPB 3.1.2 to SMF ( yuk ) just so I could get back to mybb. I was just thinking of hand copying one forum to another since the SMF conversion was a flop and I am still stuck with expensive IPB.

I guess I will be patient and wait and continue to check. Good things come to those who wait I guess. Blush
Update on the new modules:

vB4: Releasing sometime in the next two weeks. I was trying for my birthday (6 Jan.), but I remodeled a bathroom instead of developing (sorry guys, the girlfriend comes first and she really wanted it done.. after all it was her christmas present that I would do it as soon as she bought the new light fixture...) so now I'm trying to 10 Jan.
IPB3: Major delays because of the way the code for IPB is written. It may take months to work this module out correctly since I'm having a hard time finding pieces of IPB code I need to see how they do things sometimes.
Woltlab Burning Board Lite: I've honestly not even started on this one, it just doesn't have the demand.

Over at Skin City Designs we've also been commissioned for another custom module (our custom modules are paid work, and then put up for others to buy as well, mostly of lesser used board systems) for YaBB 2.5AE (I think thats the version) to go with our WowBB, WowClassicBB and UltraBB modules. I've also plans for SCD modules for:
  • IceBB
  • FluxBB
  • FudForum
  • Quicksilverforums
  • Mercuryboard
  • UseBB
  • havefnubb
  • AEF
  • beehiveforum
  • deluxebb
  • dnfBB
  • eblah
  • eliteboard
  • jforum
  • minibb
  • tairobb
  • vanillabb
  • and perhaps others
But I basically just work on that list when I'm bored & don't have official MyBB or some of my paid work to do. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15