MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Content Until Reply 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Validated and updated, i edit this thread for more info.

tested with MyBB 1.6.x versions and woks fine.

Changed more than one option and make more usable and easy to user for configuration opts.

DOWNLOAD:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/hide-content-until-reply

ABOUT THIS MOD...

Allows you to use [hide] tags to hide contents on your posts.
Show attachments until reply (if enabled)
Show urls until reply. (if enabled)
Configuration Options to Enable, Disable plugin.(To do nothing if disabled)
Easy way to acces Config your plugin.(plugins menu 1 clic)
Fixed bugs or common errors.
Optimized to 1.6.x versions.
Can use it on forums where you wat to hide contents, in other forums where you told a plugin separated by comma where don't do nothing, the forum have to work on normal way.
Can asign who can edit contents of posts if he are not the owner of that post xD, this option is a new one, fixing posible bug to mods and admins, so, you have to assign who can view this contents without reply and edit contents, if you have replied to some thread can view contents but you can not edit nothing, only if your usergroup was enables on the option to do that on admin CP.(Disabled by default as strict mode, you can enable and have to work as is)
Add button to editor if enabled.
Fixed all bugs, images and videos don't hide on some earlier versions hides urls and takes images and videos as urls and hide, but now only hide urls.
Select on wich forums disabled by id
Select usergroups who can see content until reply, for review threads.
Redirect to thread and see contents when you reply (1st or last thread by admincp opt).
Fixed error on quoted images, videos, and thats all, finally i made more corrections, enjoy it !!

Use it as you wish and you can change core files as you need, but i set templates and stylesheets to configure as you wish.

NOTE: After install you may to configure propertly by admincp.
Just a question, the use of the [HIDE] tag, is that also limited to usergroups with permissions or just who can see the result of whats hidden ?

I am just asking because if someone would quote a post with where such a tag would be in, that someone would know that I use the [HIDE] tag can also use it. Or are the permissions editable in that regard ?

Wolfseye
Well everyone can use the hide tags, but on cofiguration you can add who can view contents without reply, this task is to review if is the case the content to validate or not this tags.

You can add usergroups by id to see contents without have to reply a thread.

And if you are the owner of a thread you can quote contents, and if you have replied to the thread can quote too.

But if you don't you can't quote hidden contents, well only urls and hide tags, because attachment can't be quoted.

I tested on some parts of MyBB, and works fine.
Awesome, but can it automatic show images in your signature?
mod does not do any changes abour your signature, show images as normal mode, with MyCode img, only if you put some urls on your signature and you put urls hidden, then do not show, but only on threads inside the forum, or forums where mods apply.

But you can't put automatic images or code, i don't understad fine your question xD. Anyway if i can know what you talk about maybe can do something xD.
Just a option to automatic show the images in the signatures.
Thats a good idea xD. Let me see, because i have to put file type data, to take if it's an image then put the right code sentence, but if it's an url or text you see only that xD.

If i understand you say this. If i put for example:

Use this if i help to you: http://community.mybb.com/images/english...tation.gif

On My Signature.

This appears on this way:

Use this if i help to you: [Image: postbit_reputation.gif]

Well something like that, if you put url images, you don't have to add img mycode, because by default you enable on adminCP this task, to show images on signature with MyCode and don't take this as lenght of max characters.
Its really fantastic and great plugin.I face one problem.It interfere with message bar plugin as it also hide links in message bar on index page.how to solve this???
you can put on function to show/hide contents a function to say what parts of your forum want to hide or show, by default take more much, but if you open hideip.php file on inc folder, you can see i use function THIS_SCRIPT for printthread, you can add some conditionals at begin of all, or when a code is calling, you can put if THIS_SCRIPT("showthread.php") or an array to add portal.php and any parts do you want to show or hide contents only xD.

By default i put on more parts, like printthread, archive, searching threads and every part i see the code do not responds fine, finally i put all content inside an entire function, but you can put at your own xD.

Cheers.
Thanks neo for reply but i am not expert.can you help me where to add or delet part in hideip.php to show links on index page of forum as at present it show hidden message on index page.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14