MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Mediawiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
For the sake of clarity can you spell out which versions of MyBB and MW you are using!

flick Wrote:Triple post - sorry!

I can confirm that the fix kindly provided by Alex131089 for post #58 works fine for the latest versions of MyBB and MW on a PHP5 server.
flick Wrote:Just to confirm that I also receive the same error message as marines when I try to login with a user account that is not the admin (MyBB 1.2.12 and MW 1.11)

To clarify again (from post #89) I'm using MyBB 1.2.12 and MW 1.11.
I've just checked the MW website and it seems MW 1.12 has just been released in the past few days.
Ok. My answer is...is the attachment on the first page ok? I mean does everything works fine without any errors?

And can someone give me a better explanation of the read me file because i don't understand nothing.

Quote:1. Open "AuthMyBB.php" from this archive in a text editor.

2. Change the line:
--
var $forum_path = "../forums/";
--

To point to the path of your copy of MyBB. For example, the default value
assumes your copy of MyBB is in its own directory above the MediaWiki directory.

3. Upload "AuthMyBB.php" to your MediaWiki directory

4. Open LocalSettings.php (MediaWiki directory) and before the trailing ?> (last line)
add the following:

---
require_once( './AuthMyBB.php' );
$wgAuth = new AuthMyBB();
--

5. Attempt to login to MediaWiki using a MyBB account. It should log you in and give you
the appropriate level of access.

And do i have to download some wiki software or something?
Yeah MediaWiki, that is the MyBB integration we are talking about here. Toungue

InFlames20 Wrote:And do i have to download some wiki software or something?
Hehe.. sorry, but i don't have experience with this stuff so stupid questions are possible :p
Does anyone have this up and running now, so I can I have a look see?
@D.Vader: I'll PM you a link.

@Inflames: You would have to install both MediaWiki and MyBB. Then you can download/install/customise this plugin as per the instructions. However, some changes will need to be made, as per post 58 by Alex131089, to ensure the plugin works. I know it works for MW1.11 and MyBB 1.2.12 since I've installed it (haven't picked up any errors so far) but not sure about MW1.12 yet.
does this work with mediawiki 1.11 or later? If so can someone please PM me a link to a working installation so that I may check it out.

Thanks
I tested MyBB 1.2.12 and MW 1.11. Not yet tested with 1.2.13 though but I'm guessing it's still ok. Smile
flick Wrote:I tested MyBB 1.2.12 and MW 1.11. Not yet tested with 1.2.13 though but I'm guessing it's still ok. Smile

I just tested it here using a forum test account and it works wonderfully.Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20