MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Mediawiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
OverlordXenu Wrote:Is anyone working on this?
OverlordXenu Wrote:Is anyone working on this?

Let me refer you to my previous post:

laie_techie Wrote:
blueparukia Wrote:What versions of MediaWiki is this compatible with (I am using 1.6).

I can vouch that it works with MediaWiki 1.10.1 (the latest stable version). As was previously mentioned, the AuthMyBB.php file looks up users from the MyBB tables, but does not read the cookies from MyBB. A small MyBB plugin is probably needed to create the proper MediaWiki cookies when someone logs into / out of the forums.

IOW, MediaWiki and MyBB can share the same userbase, but AFAIK, no one has created a plugin to do single sign on.
Due to coding modifications in MediaWiki version 1.11, there's a minor tweak that needs to be made to AuthMyBB.php in order to get it to work with version 1.11.

Open AuthMyBB.php and find the following line:

function initUser(&$user) { (This should be around line 312)

Change this line to:

function initUser( $user, $autocreate=false ) {

If you want a user account to be automatically created when logging into MediaWiki, change $autocreate=false to $autocreate=true.

I'm testing this now, but it appears to be working just fine.
This should really be put in a different thread...
Since this is an extension to the MediaWiki code and not a mod to MyBB, this should probably be uploaded to http://www.mediawiki.org. This will make it easier to locate, especially since there are existing extensions for other forum software there.

I'd be happy to place it there if the original author doesn't have time....just give me the go-ahead.

Just a thought. Smile
I have installed it the way it says in the readme but when i go to login on the wiki it comes up with internal server error 500. I am using version 1.11.0 and i have a custom theme if that makes any difference. Any ideas as to what might be causing it?
Wheel-World Wrote:I have installed it the way it says in the readme but when i go to login on the wiki it comes up with internal server error 500. I am using version 1.11.0 and i have a custom theme if that makes any difference. Any ideas as to what might be causing it?

Did you implement the code modification I mentioned two posts ago? The original extension was written to work with MediaWiki version 1.10, and a small modification needs to be made to one function to get it to work with MediaWiki version 1.11 -- I posted the modification two posts ago (post 73) in this thread.

Let us know if that doesn't work, but I think it will fix your problem.
I just get page cannot be displayed? It works if i log into a user which is only on the wiki and it tells me that the user dosnt exist if i try to login with a user that dosnt exist on either. So it only does it if i try to login from a mybb user?
Wheel-World -- blank pages in MW are not an uncommon problem, but there are a number of causes. We need some error reporting to help you determine the root cause.

Change your LocalSettings.php file to contain the following:

$wgShowExceptionDetails = true;

This will turn on error reporting and help us help you fix the problem. Then, try to log into MediaWiki with a username that shows up in the MyBB user table. Post your backtrace errormsgs here.

Smile
I might try and install this at some point. Am keeping my fingers crossedthat it will work!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20