MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Mediawiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
unfortunately it doesn't work with MW 1.11 there is an internal error after trying to log in as any user excluding admin. here is the error output (a bit translated from polish Smile ):

An external auth database error occured or you haven't got enough rights to change external account.

Backtrace:

#0 /home/_www/marines/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php(316): User->setPassword('test1')
#1 /home/_www/marines/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php(362): LoginForm->initUser(Object(User), true)
#2 /home/_www/marines/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php(425): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#3 /home/_www/marines/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php(100): LoginForm->processLogin()
#4 /home/_www/marines/includes/SpecialUserlogin.php(17): LoginForm->execute()
#5 /home/_www/marines/includes/SpecialPage.php(653): wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#6 /home/_www/marines/includes/SpecialPage.php(459): SpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#7 /home/_www/marines/includes/Wiki.php(201): SpecialPage::executePath(Object(Title))
#8 /home/_www/marines/includes/Wiki.php(45): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest))
#9 /home/_www/marines/index.php(89): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(User), Object(WebRequest))
#10 {main}
Sorry to read that it doesn't work with MW1.11. I had a look to see if there as anything that worked with Wordpress, but the support for the latest versions of both is very poor at the moment.
Hmm.

I'm running it right now with MediaWiki version 1.11 with no problems. I am using the English version of both.
@hoggwild - thank you for the info Smile
Sorry about the double post. I've just tested Mediawiki (1.11) on my local installation with MyBB and it seems to be working just fine (had to remember to make the right edits and such Big Grin) However, I was wondering: do most people who run wikis with their forums use pretty or short urls?

It does seem like a good idea to me, but then again, I don't use short/pretty urls for MyBB, and it seems that MyBB have decided not to use pretty/short urls as well, so am wondering if there were any particular thoughts? This is first time I'm running a wiki so am a bit bewildered by all the settings and how to give the user the best experience when looking up information.

Thanks!

EDIT p/s: Is it possible to use two separate databases?
flick Wrote:It does seem like a good idea to me, but then again, I don't use short/pretty urls for MyBB, and it seems that MyBB have decided not to use pretty/short urls as well, so am wondering if there were any particular thoughts?

OT: IIRC, MyBB 1.4 is going to have "search-engine friendly" URL's.
Which version of MyBB are you running vs. Which version of MediaWiki are you running?

We tried with our MyBB Install (1.2.12) with MediaWiki (1.11). What did you do to install it?

hoggwild Wrote:Hmm.

I'm running it right now with MediaWiki version 1.11 with no problems. I am using the English version of both.
@soshite: Thanks for the info Smile

Have to admit my local installation is an earlier version of MyBB (either 9 or 10)
Just to confirm that I also receive the same error message as marines when I try to login with a user account that is not the admin (MyBB 1.2.12 and MW 1.11)
Triple post - sorry!

I can confirm that the fix kindly provided by Alex131089 for post #58 works fine for the latest versions of MyBB and MW on a PHP5 server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20