MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Mediawiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Hi first thx for this plugin but i have an problkem with it Sad

here are the two files

http://networkedmediatank.com/problemfiles.zip

my root config looks that way

networkedmediatank.com is rooted to /home/nmt/forum on the server
the wiki is located in /home/nmt/forum/wiki

when i log in with an testaccount made under mybb i get the following error

Quote:Internal error

Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.

so it doesnt use the mybb user accounts?
maybe someone can help me please.

Regards cHarOn
I keep getting this error:

Could not find MyBB configuration file. Please check the path is correct.

I don't know what to do about it. Confused My forum is http://worldbeyblade.org and my wiki is http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Confused
I'm not sure if this is your case, but in Apache WebServers there is a security measure which disallow each domain to have access in otherdomain's files.
Even if I address it via http://worldbeyblade.org/wiki it still doesn't work.
Nevermind, got it working now. Used the full path in terms of the server /users/wbo/domains etc etc and it worked.
(2008-12-27, 06:22 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I updated the attachment in the post above with a few bug fixes

When I try to login to the wiki with my forum login and password I get this:

Quote:Internal error

Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; in LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.

And then I tried again, and it worked ?
Weird.
so you mean it worked after you tried it again??? i tried specially with an different user to see an user who isnt registered on the wiki will work and i cant get it to work Sad
I have updated the original file to 1.4 configuration (manually I have not read this entire thread as of yet) but I have received the above errors the same as the users above me.

The following is the information I received when trying to log in an additional user
Quote:There was either an authentication database error or you are not allowed to update your external account.

Backtrace:

#0 path/to/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(348): User->setPassword('xxxxxxx')
#1 path/to/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(513): LoginForm->initUser(Object(User), true)
#2 path/to/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(418): LoginForm->attemptAutoCreate(Object(User))
#3 path/to/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(520): LoginForm->authenticateUserData()
#4 path/to/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(103): LoginForm->processLogin()
#5 path/to/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUserlogin.php(17): LoginForm->execute()
#6 path/to/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(749): wfSpecialUserlogin(NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#7 path/to/wiki/includes/SpecialPage.php(539): SpecialPage->execute('wfSpecialUserlo...', NULL, Object(SpecialPage))
#8 path/to/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(226): SpecialPage::executePath(NULL)
#9 path/to/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(59): MediaWiki->initializeSpecialCases(Object(Title))
#10 path/to/wiki/index.php(114): MediaWiki->initialize(Object(Title), Object(OutputPage), Object(WebRequest))
#11 {main}

After receiving this error the user was asked to refresh the page, they were successfully logged in after this error was received. The user has since logged out and back in and did not receive this error.

If anyone knows what is going on I would appreciate it.

I will back track in this thread and see if a 1.4 file has been made available.

Thank you in advance.
downloading the file found in on page 14 fixed my problem please ignore my previous comment
ok question, i know someone asked this back a few posts but it didnt give me all the answers, so i will ask anyhow.

what exaclty will this do for our forums indirectly, like as in google and yahoo with this put up our rankings and such .....

also with seo mod will the wiki urls look friendly
my-home-base.html such and such

again im only asking so i can see if it fits the needs i am looking for

thanks
it does nothing to your forums. In order for it to have user friendly urls you need to have mediawiki set up and that is something you need to ask there I'm pretty sure. This only integrates users authentication. Your forums users will have an account created on the wiki to do whatever you have allowed them to do in the settings of mediawiki. I do not think that usergroups prolificate through but I have just started my own testing of this mod.
Unable to connect to MyBB database.

Download MediaWiki 1.14.0
close this topic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20