MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyReactions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(2017-01-23, 08:12 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-23, 07:55 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Will hopefully been soon, been trying to balance this with another cool MyBB project and other stuff, but shouldn't be long Smile

Tell us more Smile

[Image: Classified.jpg]

(2017-01-24, 05:28 PM)NickGHQ Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice, I've been impressed with all of your plugins so far but this one is exceptional. Thank you for the hard work you've put into this.

Thank you! Smile
I give up Sad
(2017-01-24, 07:51 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I give up Sad

All will be revealed soon.

Also, tomorrow I will hopefully release a new version fixing the prefix bug and the bug with reacting to posts (saw your Github comment). I'd hoped to have had the full release ready sooner but really need to fix these two issues now.
[Image: 1YOFEMX.png]

This will likely be a separate plugin, though. Just a proof of concept Wink
So it wont be all in one solution? Just use quick react instead of popup with reactions? Because I like the rest of the features Smile But I less code -> easier maintance Smile

It looks really nice, maybe would be better to show number for every reaction intead a total numbers - at the first look. Only a suggestion, but I understand that you wanna follow Facebook concept which works fine and it is tested by milions of users. Thats something what I need (quick react), 5 reactions and nothing more.
Oh, no, MyReactions will still have a quick react. For a while I've always wanted to also replicate the Facebook reactions functionality, and I think it'd work better as a separate plugin, so as well as MyReactions which will have everything already planned, I think I'll also create Facebook Reactions as an alternative, which would be a direct clone of the Facebook functionality (much simpler).
(2017-01-28, 06:13 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]...I think I'll also create Facebook Reactions as an alternative, which would be a direct clone of the Facebook functionality (much simpler).

Thats something what I actually need for my needs. Simple plugin (same concept as Facebook) with 5 predefined reactions and nothing more. One popup who reacted and simple statistics on user profile. +1 I am looking forward!
I think I've got an idea to integrate it into MyReactions and keep it as one plugin, but the Facebook ones would essentially be hard coded, the exact same 6 as Facebook. The problem with having it as one plugin is if you switch display method (i.e. switch between Facebook and emojis), it has to convert the two so they get added to both. So, to do that reliably, the Facebook ones would be completely static.
@Matt - better to release as a standalone plugin - just add features which are needed, nothing more nothing less -> it would be easier to maintain for you.

Yes, 6 hard coded reactions are great, many boards dont need more. I am looking forward! Can we wait it sooner than later in 2017? Smile

EDIT: There are some feature requests which could be rejected for MyReactions, these features would be especially only in your second plugin.
Hi Matt,

I am going to try this plugin, but I do recall experience an error with the profile because I have a strict database which is extremely annoying. I will let you know when I install it later on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22