MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyReactions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(2016-10-07, 01:30 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]It would be better if admin can choose only limited number of predefined reactions.

Well you can, but they just show in the modal instead of on the form all the time.

(2016-10-07, 01:30 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]also can you please improve the desing of removing/adding reaction? Maybe just replace text for "remove" by clicking on reaction again? It could have different background when user added it or remove it.

It's designed to having lots of reactions to choose from, so adding really needs to stay the same - the way Facebook does it which I think is what you want would mean having to show them on every post all the time, it would look pretty cluttered to have every post list all the available reactions, even if it's only 6.

(2016-10-07, 01:30 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]And one more idea - add a total counter for reactions given/received in user profile page (on the right, maybe) - is it possible?

Yeah can add that.

(2016-10-07, 01:52 PM)palhanow Wrote: [ -> ]Works with MyAlerts??

It will soon Smile
Quote:It's designed to having lots of reactions to choose from, so adding really needs to stay the same - the way Facebook does it which I think is what you want would mean having to show them on every post all the time, it would look pretty cluttered to have every post list all the available reactions, even if it's only 6.

Well, I dont mean Facebook style in that case. I just wanna to improve the design. Now you have buttons with reactions. It has a grey background. I wanted something like - when you click on reaction, the button will have for example blue background and will be highlighted instead of adding another line of text for removing under the reactions. When you click on reaction again it will be removed.

Is there any way to add a variable to show also total reaction received/given under the avatar in postbit (postbit_classic) template? It would be nice to have it. Same style as for MyBB reputation feature - with clickable counter which redirects you to the user profile where you can see all reactions given/received.

Another idea - allow to add reactions only to the first post in the thread (thread starter).
Thing is, is it obvious that clicking it again removes it? I mean you could probably do this anyway with CSS and moving the classes in the templates, but just having an icon isn't really obvious that clicking it again also removes it.
Do you mean something more like this for showing selected reactions?

[attachment=37589]
(2016-10-07, 07:17 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean something more like this for showing selected reactions?

Yes, thats it! Maybe it still need some love - smaller top and bottom padding.

I still cannot install it on my webhosting - same issue as I posted before - anyway - can we see list of users who added reaction? Maybe on mouse hover? Can you please post some pictures?
Okay, I'll play around with that.

Your other two suggestions in green above are things I'll consider too.

Thanks for the feedback Smile
(2016-10-07, 07:25 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I still cannot install it on my webhosting - same issue as I posted before - anyway - can we see list of users who added reaction? Maybe on mouse hover? Can you please post some pictures?

Sorry, in ./inc/plugins/myreactions.php, line 66:

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;');

change to:

) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;');

Also, hovering over each reaction does have a list of names, but it's just using the browser title tag, it's not a styled tooltip yet.
Thank you very much!

Quote:Also, hovering over each reaction does have a list of names, but it's just using the browser title tag, it's not a styled tooltip yet.

I am looking for styled tooltip, great plugin. I will wait for first stable version (now I use only in my test board, then I will enable it for my large live board)
Updated the first post with planned features Smile
I seem to be getting a JScript issue with MyReactions. Doesn't update the reaction until refreshed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22