MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyReactions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
hi,

i added this plugin to my forum. but there is a problem. when i add a reaction, it looks like;

[Image: qe9eWE.png]

how can i solve this problem? its not original view right?
(2020-05-03, 11:20 PM)letsesc Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

i added this plugin to my forum. but there is a problem. when i add a reaction, it looks like;

[Image: qe9eWE.png]

how can i solve this problem? its not original view right?

is there any help for this?
any news on when 1.0 is being released? it's been teased since 2017 Sad
Hi guys... Smile

So, here's the thing. I installed MyReactions on my site. I am using 3 different
'themes'.
Works great on one theme, "BootBB".
Doesn't work on Emerald Dark or Light.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how I messed this up from one theme to another, withing minutes of each other.
Any thoughts..??
Thanks.

It's a dorky little site... https://rickkins.com/
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(".author_avatar img").error(function () {
        $(this).unbind("error").closest('.author_avatar').remove();
    });
</script>

Your theme has this in it, possibly in the showthread template but may be elsewhere. Can search for it in the ACP. This will need to be removed, MyBB used jQuery 3 and the .error() function doesn't exist any more, so it breaks the javascript. It's a common issue that affects lots of themes that haven't been updated for a while.
(2022-04-27, 07:45 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]
    });
</script>

Your theme has this in it, possibly in the showthread template but may be elsewhere. Can search for it in the ACP. This will need to be removed, MyBB used jQuery 3 and the .error() function doesn't exist any more, so it breaks the javascript. It's a common issue that affects lots of themes that haven't been updated for a while.

Hey cool man, I'll dive into that. Thanks.

(2022-04-27, 07:51 PM)Snik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-27, 07:45 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]
    });
</script>

Hey cool man, I'll dive into that. Thanks.

Ok, so I found it right where you said it would be, and deleted it. Alas, the issue remains. Thoughts..??

Thanks.
What's the actual problem you're having? Can you post test account login details?
(2022-04-27, 08:54 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]What's the actual problem you're having? Can you post test account login details?

Ok, so when I go a post I see the "add reaction" button, but when I click on it nothing happens, and it freezes the page.

As for "test account details" I'm not quite sure what that means. Do you want me to set an account for you..??
Thanks.

I would need an email addy for that I guess...
I just created one, but is usually good to create one with just an email of like [email protected] or something so people can test the site.

It seems like the theme is just generally broken. The reactions modal is showing at the bottom of the page, but the same thing happens with the report modal. The version code for some style is 1804 so I think it's just an insanely outdated theme.

Reactions modal:

[Image: NwhLgsC.png]

Report modal:

[Image: 0O1Ejzx.png]

The postbit buttons are all aligned badly too. So the theme is just busted.
(2022-04-27, 09:43 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I just created one, but is usually good to create one with just an email of like [email protected] or something so people can test the site.

It seems like the theme is just generally broken. The reactions modal is showing at the bottom of the page, but the same thing happens with the report modal. The version code for some style is 1804 so I think it's just an insanely outdated theme.

Reactions modal:

The postbit buttons are all aligned badly too. So the theme is just busted.

Ok, I see. Dang I thought I had it sorted, having a light and dark theme that worked for both desktop and mobile. Or am I just asking too damn much here. Seriously, I don't know a whole hell of a lot about all this, I'm a retired renovation/construction worker and not any kind of coder by any means. Just trying to keep the mind busy really.

And thoughts here as to the best way forward...??
Thanks mate, I do appreciate it.

Ok, so as it turns out I think I have it. Look for the newest and/or most recently updated themes, and stick with those. Installed a new one and much better success. Theme, shoutbox & reactions reactions fully functional on both desktop & mobile. Thanks for steering me in the right direction...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22